Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ntl/upc Broadband

Options
  • 19-06-2008 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I am considering changing from Eircom 1mb broadband to ntl's 12mb. is their broadband any good?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭caoimhemo

Ive had it for a good while now(couple of years) and I have to say I would highly reccomend it
    I had a few problems in the beginning but nothing lately
    There new speeds are amazing and very cheap compared to other BB providers
    I would reccomend you give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

I had NTL / UPC 6mb for 2 years when I lived in the City Centre and never had anything I would describe as a major problem. Wish they were still available to me in my new area. Ah well. I'd say go for it.

• Moderators Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Ive the 6Mb in galway, no problem so far. 1Mb -> 12Mb, do you really need the 12Mb line? The 6Mb is great, i wouldnt say no to a 12Mb, but I dont see where id really need it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Their customer care is woeful (though I think improving) but the product is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Yeah they are sell a decent product and for the most part it is quite good :) .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Lemminkainen

The UPC broadband looks good to me, I'd like to get it but I have a problem.

I have installed a few more TV outlet points in my house and I dont want UPC to know about them.

Does UPC send out an engineer to setup the system in my house? or can I do it myself?

• Moderators Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I have installed a few more TV outlet points in my house and I dont want UPC to know about them.

Does UPC send out an engineer to setup the system in my house? or can I do it myself?

UPC sends out an engineer. Ive an analog outlet in my room, and one in the kitchen. He never looked for any outlet, he just connected it outside and ran the coaxial cable in behind the TV, waved his magic wand [size=-2]and connected a few things[/size] and presto!

Needless to say, connecting the analog output of UPC to the socket behind the TV did not give me analog TV in my room or the kitchen.
    Id be guessing that the sockets arent connected to anything, or eachother. Shame really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

I wouldn't worry about that. When the engineer came out to my house and saw one of my new outlets. I told him that was there when I bought the house, that was that and he carried on. :D

I don't even use UPC for TV anymore as Sky is alot better. :pac:

Advertisement