Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being Bugged :mad:

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭Homer

dade wrote: »
    maybe that's where they are placing the bugs

And he put his head up there to look for em :D

Clue in the fact that his first post was at nearly one in the morning and went on from there in ever increasing bizareness! Just in from the pub were we?
    Strange man follow you home did he?

Alcohol + Boards = Drivel! (Albeit ebtertaining at times)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Fight 4 Justice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

They might be just trying to get your tactics for the upcoming over 85’s senior football match against Rugged Island

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

industria wrote: »
    And he put his head up there to look for em :D

Clue in the fact that his first post was at nearly one in the morning and went on from there in ever increasing bizareness! Just in from the pub were we?
    Strange man follow you home did he?

Alcohol + Boards = Drivel! (Albeit ebtertaining at times)

or he had some wacky backy

If they are watching his internet activity then why exactly is he posting on Boards about it?

This whole thread stinks of BS. Maybe thats why theres so many bugs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

Dragan wrote: »
    LoL,

no offence mate, but that is the biggest pile of bollix i have ever read.

Mobile phone tapping does not work AT ALL the way you seem to think it does. To have any record of the voice calls you would need to somehow have placed something in the mobile phone itself.

No mobile operator in the country has any kind of record of voice call content, merely numbers dialled and dates for billing purposes. Locations can be found through cell triangulation but if you remember your news stories there was a very famous murder case where this was used. Total lenght of time for the cops and the operators, along with the relevant court documents and injuctions to be sorted out was a couple of weeks...and that was a murder case.

In order to get or release phone records to the Gardai a Court Injunction is required and for anything other than a murder trial that will take months and months of legal efforts by all sorts of people.

This information would never be released to a Private Detective for any reason.

You sir, are talking out your ass.;)

Did you check this out? If you did you would not make that post.

It is possible to tap phones from a central location. Every police force in the world will probably have this facility. I don't think it works for old analogue mobiles but it works for every mobile phone nowadays. All they need is the IMEI number and they switch on the bug. In the last 10 years they have technology that can tap you even when your phone is off.

In order to get or release phone records to the Gardai a Court Injunction is required and for anything other than a murder trial that will take months and months of legal efforts by all sorts of people.

That is the way it should be, officially. But if you know people who work there then you are sorted. Also, international agencies can make requests and are successful a lot of the time.

Another bugging article:
    http://www.corribsos.com/index.php?id=1336

I don't think these are muderers, now are they? It must be that there are more than me talking thorugh our fat arses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

This whole thread stinks of BS. Maybe thats why theres so many bugs.

Hee, Hee. Deadly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭Homer

I recommend a tin hat for you to protect yourself from the evil overlords gareth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Gareth37 wrote: »
    Did you check this out? If you did you would not make that post.

Before you go any further you should know that i work for one of the mobile companies in this country. Part of my job for quite a while was as a liason between various people, other operators, law enforcement etc.

So yes, i am pretty aware of what i am talking about.

Bugging is not possible from a central location. With an IMEI number all you can do is cross triangulate where the phone is located, for which you need a Court Order.

As i said, to have any record of content....at all....a device would need to placed within the mobile handset itself.

It is absolutely impossible to tap a phone when it is off because the phone is not connected to any cell, so their is absolutely no idea of it's location within the network.

Even when you want to run a cross triangulation of cells...you need to have 3 cells that the phone can conceivably pick up a signal from and hope the that users travels in such a way as to be handed off from one cell to another so that you have some rough idea as to their location.

Anything else you would like me to dismiss from your rubbish thread?

Give up the ghost mate, troll jobs only work when you have some kind of knowledge of what you are hoping to joke about, not hearsay and action film scripts.

At with all due respect to those involved in the Shell to Sea protests that really is a case of Conspiracy Theories ftw!

You need to lay off the methylated spirits my friend. Srsly, if you actually think that this is all happening, then go see a shrink.

Although..
    Gareth37 wrote: »
    savataged
    ..you've inadvertently created a new word which I shall use at will for the next 6 weeks*, with your permission of course.
    So, Kudos to you. And go see a shrink.

*or until my mates get sick of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

redecorate the house
    the install your own cctv - see who comes to install new buggies
    get pay as you go ph - take away land line
    give it few months - if no new buggies paranoia is foundationless

ps - your mam/gf/wife will lourve the recordating bit and take their mind off stuff that might be happening
    nuf said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

So wait a second, Julia Roberts, Sandra Bullock, tinfoil hats and now.... ass bugs????

I love the interblag and specifically this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

As i said, to have any record of content....at all....a device would need to placed within the mobile handset itself.
    Incorrect. Attacks against current GSM encryption algorithms have been around for years, at this point in time, it can be done in real-time. Mobile calls are anything but secure.

Incorrect. Attacks against current GSM encryption algorithms have been around for years, at this point in time, it can be done in real-time. Mobile calls are anything but secure.
    LoL, that is all.

OP. whatever you do, don't use Bush and bomb in the same sentence.

Oh Fu--

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

LoL, that is all.
    Good one.

Good one.

I thought so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭'Ol Jack Chance

*AH buggary shocker*

seriously take your tablets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Before you go any further you should know that i work for one of the mobile companies in this country.

No way! Ya serious?
    Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

OP lives in a fantasy world.

i think someone was watchin enemy of the state

biggest load of sh1te i have ever read

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

copeyhagen wrote: »
    i think someone was watchin enemy of the state

biggest load of sh1te i have ever watched

Fixed that for you... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

appreciated ;)

No way! Ya serious?
    Wow.

I know, it's freaky. Someone works for a telecommunications company. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭billbond4

Before you go any further you should know that i work for one of the mobile companies in this country. Part of my job for quite a while was as a liason between various people, other operators, law enforcement etc.

So yes, i am pretty aware of what i am talking about.

Bugging is not possible from a central location. With an IMEI number all you can do is cross triangulate where the phone is located, for which you need a Court Order.

It is absolutely impossible to tap a phone when it is off because the phone is not connected to any cell, so their is absolutely no idea of it's location within the network.

Even when you want to run a cross triangulation of cells...you need to have 3 cells that the phone can conceivably pick up a signal from and hope the that users travels in such a way as to be handed off from one cell to another so that you have some rough idea as to their location.

Anything else you would like me to dismiss from your rubbish thread?

Give up the ghost mate, troll jobs only work when you have some kind of knowledge of what you are hoping to joke about, not hearsay and action film scripts.

At with all due respect to those involved in the Shell to Sea protests that really is a case of Conspiracy Theories ftw!

I know its very very very hard to bug a mobile to mobile call on a GSM network.
    But is it easier to bug a call from mobile to landline, as the call isnt encrypted on the landline network?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

@the OP - What exactly makes you think your being bugged, except for a gut feeling (not that I believe any of this anyway)

billbond4 wrote: »
    I know its very very very hard to bug a mobile to mobile call on a GSM network.
    But is it easier to bug a call from mobile to landline, as the call isnt encrypted on the landline network?

Well you can go the simple route of simply hacking the land line as far as i am aware....no encryptions and such to worry about as it is just recording the conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

LoL,

no offence mate, but that is the biggest pile of bollix i have ever read.
    <snip>

Lawful Intercept software is available to just about every telco (mobile or fixed) running a modern digital network. It's trivial to enable once the system is configured and it allows real-time duplication of voice calls anywhere on their network to be diverted to other phones and/or recorded along with any number of other things. It's been around for quite a number of years.

The systems themselves are heavily restricted inside the telcos for obvious reasons, but the technology most definitely exists and is in common usage by law enforcement.

I'm sure we're still dealing with walter mittey here, but no harm in having the above said :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

We haven't heard from Gareth in the past few hours. Could it be that THEY have finally got to him?

Moriarty wrote: »
    Lawful Intercept software is available to just about every telco (mobile or fixed) running a modern digital network. It's trivial to enable once the system is configured and it allows real-time duplication of voice calls anywhere on their network to be diverted to other phones and/or recorded along with any number of other things. It's been around for quite a number of years.

The systems themselves are heavily restricted inside the telcos for obvious reasons, but the technology most definitely exists and is in common usage by law enforcement.

I'm sure we're still dealing with walter mittey here, but no harm in having the above said :)

And that is the key issue there although an excellent point!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

To the Op,

Look it could be worse, you could be buggered by the P.I. as well

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement