Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AKS74U Vityaz & Yugo M92 Carbine WIP

Options
  • 19-06-2008 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭

Here's a couple of shots of my latest work. The top one in the pics is my brothers KALASH AKS74U, I've installed a Dboys Solid folding stock and Plum synthetic furniture.The other is my Yugoslavian M92 Carbine conversion I started a couple of days ago with parts I had kicking around.

IMG_0568.jpg
    MAG Plum mags in the AKSU, CA stamped steel mag in the Yugo

IMG_0569.jpg
    Solid stock folded

Yugo M92 Carbine

The receiver is currently a CYMA C031 AK74 receiver cover and fixed synthetic stock. These are going to be replaced with an RMW steel AKMS reciever with underfolder stock. The gas block, AKSU foresight and hop-up are from my old Tokyo Marui AK Beta. First off I took apart the Beta gas block and removed the faux AKSU sight replacing it with a CYMA metal AK74 leaf sight (You need three hands to install an AK leaf sight with the retainer.) Next job was the outer barrel, the M92's barrel is longer then an AKSU's, it mounts foregrips the same length as an AKM, AK74 so I used a CYMA barrel which I cut down to the right length.

Cutting the barrel down and drilling a new hole in the side for the lock off point where it meets the gasblock trunion. I was able to retain the rear upper grip trunion form the beta gas block and the fore point attached to the TM sight took the 74 upper with no trouble. I had to use a CYMA lower trunion for the lower grip. Putting it on required cutting a large section of the metal off where it normally locks with the upper part. This wasn't a problem though because it's now flush with the foresight so pressure from the grip holds it in place.

Once I had the outer barrel at the right length and locked off in the gasblock I had to make sure the foresight would attach to it. The origional screw from the Beta didn't work but the hex screw from the 74's foresight did. The AK Beta has a tiny barrel, much shorter then an AKSU so a new inner barrel was in order. I pulled the inner barrel out of one of my bricked Unicorn AKSU's, a 6.04mm tightbore, and removed the hop-up so I could install it into the TM hop. First I gave the barrel a good going over with a cleaning rod and oil, I've heard stories of how dirty clone barrels are out of the factory and it's all true, the cloth I used was black after a few passes. The TM hop went on with no trouble and I installed it into the Yugo. The end of the inner now stops just at the threaded end of the outer barrel, perfect :D

That's all the heavy modding finished. I finished it off with an Element AKM slant muzzle break and a Unicorn brown synthetic 74 pistol grip. When I get the RMW AKMS reciever it's a two minute slot in job with the frontend. Same goes for the wooden hand guards if I can get a Yugo set. If not I'll have to cut the side blocks of an AK74, AKM set and cut the tripple vents.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

They look fantastic Fiach , really like that M92 carbine

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Nice work, very odd looking varients, I like it.

Advertisement