Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brazil vs Argetina

• 19-06-2008 1:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭

Anyone else staying up to watch this? Will be intresting to see what team Dunga pick after the shambles against Paragauy. I think Aregtina will pretty much stick with the same team maybe Palacio in for Agureo.

I say 2-1 Argentina

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

is kick off 2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Hopefully a good game. both tams need the 3 points really so should be a gud game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

anyone have an english link?
    all mine are spanish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

sky sports 1 if you got that?

wait i got some chinese dude who is speaking english, took me a few mins to realise it was english

he keeps shouting julio baptista.

it has kicked off about 5 mins in

• Advertisement

juan just came close.

nice to see adriano play hopefully he scores 2 and furthers his position for next years campaign mourinho will help the boy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Tried arouns 20 links for ya there ShoulderChip and couldn't find one in English!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

can anyone post the staring line-ups?

kmart6 wrote: »
    Tried arouns 20 links for ya there ShoulderChip and couldn't find one in English!

cheers kmart i found one in broken english its channel 6099 on sopcast

I have been googling and cant find lineups

for argentina

abondozieri, heinze, collocini, macherano,gago, zanetti,riquelme,messi, cruz + some guy gutieres? are playing no start for aguero

brazil:
    j.cesar, maicon,lucio, juan, anderson,gilberto, robinho, gilberto silva, kleberson, adriano, baptista

sorry i will update as they get the ball

poor adriano i hope he gets a goal.

• Advertisement

Ah right wasn't sure if you had SopCast so was just checking media player links!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

English link

sop://sop.rojadirecta.com:3912/6099

Brazil look rather mediocre on paper by their standards. Adriano, Baptista and Gilberto Silva all starting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I love Riquelme think he is a top notch player.
    Also glad Mascherano is alright after he went off injured against Ecuador.

kinaldo wrote: »
    English link

Brazil look rather mediocre on paper by their standards. Adriano, Baptista and Gilberto Silva all starting.

cheers thats what I've been watching it on what do you think of the commentator?
    I am warming to him, i love how his tone goes up and down, and he constantly reminds us so far its a scoreless tie.

What a save!

English link

Don't think you can post links like that mate, against site rules!

omg how did they nto score, superb break by robinho

Keeper clearly pulled Robinho's jersey:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

thanks shoulderchip

what a save from abbondozieri!

and then as i type he nearly makes a fool of himself challenging robinho

wow again robinho is on fire making a mockery of argie keeper.

• Advertisement

Full teams for anybody....

Brazil
    1 Julio César (G)
    4 Juan (D)
    2 Maicon (D)
    6 Gilberto (D)
    3 Lúcio (D)
    7 Mineiro (M)
    8 Gilberto Silva (M)
    17 Julio César Baptista (M)
    16 Anderson (M)
    9 Luis Fabiano (F)
    11 Robinho (F)

Argentina
    1 Roberto Abbondanzieri (G)
    6 Gabriel Heinze (D)
    3 Fabricio Coloccini (D)
    4 Nicolas Burdisso (D)
    8 Javier Zanetti (M)
    10 Juan Riquelme (M)
    14 Javier Mascherano (M)
    5 Fernando Gago (M)
    17 Jonás Gutiérrez (M)
    18 Lionel Messi (F)
    16 Julio Ricardo Cruz (F)

except adriano is playing instead of luis fabiano,

cheers for those.

Last time I checked we could. There was even a thread devoted to these links.

Commentator is quite funny. His name pronunciation and ability to roll the Rs on his tongue is fairly impressive.

Commentator is quite funny. His name pronunciation and ability to roll the Rs on his tongue is fairly impressive.

yeah like hjobinho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Messi looks so dangerous anytime he gets the ball. In the top 5 of the best players in the world at the moment IMO, probably top 2.

Sh1t,Anderson better not be seriously injured!!!

Ah yeah didn't double check that,stupid ESPN:rolleyes:

diego on for injured anderson, im no expert but doesnt look very serious maybe muscle leg/thigh

Hmm maybe I'm wrong and getting it mixed up with downloading of music/films!

• Advertisement

diego on for injured anderson, im no expert but doesnt look very serious maybe muscle leg/thigh
    Yeah looked like it was just a knock,seemed to be just rubbing it casually! Although Tiger didn't seem too serious and he's gone for a year now!

it is a very open game, the kind of game where as soon as one team scores the other team will score next i think...

Not many clear cut chances except for those 2 by robinho and they were in the space of a few minutes!

who is this mineiro guy?

still a scoreless tie says the commentator.

yeah like hjobinho
    He seems very adept at interchanging between Spanish and Portuguese pronunciation of Js and Rs. Fair play to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

These americas matches are always so bad.I honestly think the quality of Brazil,Argentina etc has gone down so much in recent years.These 2 teams would have got past the group stages of the Euro 2008,if they were in the hard groups.Poor piss teams and style imo!

• Advertisement

dc69 wrote: »
    These americas matches are always so bad.I honestly think the quality of Brazil,Argentina etc has gone down so much in recent years.These 2 teams would have got past the group stages of the Euro 2008,if they were in the hard groups.Poor piss teams and style imo!
    Qué?

He f*cked Liverpool over so he's ok with me:D

How can you say that when both team's topped their World Cup '06 groups?! Brazil with 3 wins and Argentina winning 2 and drawing with Holland!

HT: 0-0

Qué?
    How can you say that when both team's topped their World Cup '06 groups?! Brazil with 3 wins and Argentina winning 2 and drawing with Holland!

They are just crap imo.

They both have 1 or 2 world class players but the rest of the team is no where near as good.These teams are like the all blacks in rugby,they have mystik and secrecy about them,so they are exciting.The difference being,the all blacks are still as good,whereas these teams are crap,compared to the teams of old.

They live off reputation I think.I can see how you disagree but I think they are both easily beatable teams and nothing like their teams years ago.

ah he's just a troll, or a british tabloid reader.

there blows the whistle half time.

• Advertisement

They are just crap imo.

They both have 1 or 2 world class players but the rest of the team is no where near as good.These teams are like the all blacks in rugby,they have mystik and secrecy about them,so they are exciting.The difference being,the all blacks are still as good,whereas these teams are crap,compared to the teams of old.
    Lol. Argentina played the best football at the last World Cup and Brazil have beaten them by 3 goals in each of their last 3 meetings. Bad teams? You mustn't like watching good football.

ah he's just a troll, or a british tabloid reader.

there blows the whistle half time.

Yeah,Im a troll.

Do you guys not agree that these teams are no where near as good as their teams of old?
    If I was say England or Russian,Croatia etc.I would not be scared of playing Brazil or Argentian but Brazil in particular,dont look like a team you would fear,albeit missing a few players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

who is this mineiro guy?

still a scoreless tie says the commentator.

Thats what I'm trying to figure out. He's been a regular starter for Brazil since Dunga took over & he's always sh!t.

tdv wrote: »
    Thats what I'm trying to figure out. He's been a regular starter for Brazil since Dunga took over & he's always sh!t.

He plays for Berlin,I agree that he is muck.

He only left Brazil a few years ago.

Do you guys not agree that these teams are no where near as good as their teams of old?

well that is a seperate topic, and i agree it is not a golden era for either team, but that is not to say that they have great players and players with great promise the messi aguero partnership for example

If I was say England or Russian,Croatia etc.I would not be scared of playing Brazil or Argentian but Brazil in particular,dont look like a team you would fear,albeit missing a few players.

I would not fancy either of those three teams against brazil or argentina no,
    but i am not saying that brazil or argentina or vastly superior or anything.

can i ask why you picked croatio and russia, seem very odd choices to be honest.

well that is a seperate topic, and i agree it is not a golden era for either team, but that is not to say that they have great players and players with great promise the messi aguero partnership for example

I would not fancy either of those three teams against brazil or argentina no,
    but i am not saying that brazil or argentina or vastly superior or anything.

can i ask why you picked croatio and russia, seem very odd choices to be honest.

I just picked random teams,they came to mind because neither would be as good as a team,like say spain but I feel both could deal with Brazil or Argentina.

I suppose im dissapointed because,I always stay up for these games expecting to see some crazy **** and it never happens:)

Remember last week,this Argentina team could even score against the yanks!

Good article on subject of brazil#

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/06/16/shameful_samba_boys_play_out_o.html

this game still has potential dc once a goal goes in it will all set off i think

The problem is not Brazil or the lack of talented Brazilian ball players.

The problem is Dunga, his penchant for fielding three defensive midfielders at a go and taking any chance to trash Brazil's rich footballing heritage.

Great player, terrible manager, he never deserved the job in the first place and only still has it because of Argentina's amazing choke in the Copa America final. Hopefully he'll be gone before 2010 leaving someone else to employ for the joy of fans everywhere the talent the country still has in abundance.

Yeah,I agree.

I dont think Dunga is a great coach,he seems to be quite stubborn.

Who do you think would be missing from Brazil or Argentina that would be playing?

eg kaka.

I cant think of many others.Would rhonaldinho get in?

I suppose im dissapointed because,I always stay up for these games expecting to see some crazy **** and it never happens:)

That's always the case with these games though,they always cancel each other out!

"Does it bother you that your future in the national squad is being questioned? That the notion that you are world class comes under scrutiny?" Juan Sebastián Verón was asked in a radio interview after Argentina's draw against Ecuador last Sunday. "Not at all," replied Verón, "on the contrary, it motivates me to try harder and prove them wrong."

and after that he went and told the manager he didnt feel up to the game, incredible.

• Advertisement
Advertisement