Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

John Creedon

• 19-06-2008 12:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

I’ve been working late this week, I have listened to John Creedon (RTE1 )every night on the drive home.

Great music, with a minimum of interjection, he should give lessons on how to present a radio show to the ego maniac daytime presenters.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

A much under rated broadcaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭windowcleaner

Agree with u, a great DJ who knows and loves his music. He went thru a bad patch when he was moved to late-nights - you got the feeling from his shows that he was sulking - but he has copped on now and is back to his best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

yes good ol John Blake (when on ERI) was always an excellent presenter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

He was horrendous when he had his afternoon show on Radio 1. Talking like an old woman at bingo - nightmare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

funktastic wrote: »
    He was horrendous when he had his afternoon show on Radio 1. Talking like an old woman at bingo - nightmare.
    I wouldn't say he was that bad, I miss the mystery voice competition!

He sounded like a broken-man when he was moved to the graveyard slot. Alan Partridge much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mickd

Dreadful smug presenter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Wasnt he also the voice of "Terrence The Hairdresser" on the Gerry Ryan show.

For that alone he should be exiled from this country,never to set foot on our shores again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

shockwave wrote: »
    Wasnt he also the voice of "Terrence The Hairdresser" on the Gerry Ryan show.

For that alone he should be exiled from this country,never to set foot on our shores again!
    Surely Gerry Ryan himself (or possibly his 'fans') would be more deserving of that fate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 DABgirl

I used to love 'terence the hairdresser'. John was really good when he was on early mornings too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mosiew

well me thinks that his late night program is the best thing on at that hour

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

best description of this man cam from brendan o connor when discussing him in the context of the latest shake up at radio 1

perenial WOOLY JUMPER john creedon moves to the graveyard slot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Seabreeze

yiddo wrote: »
    A much under rated broadcaster.
    Can't agree more!
    I was always a big John Creedon fan from my days getting up for school in the early 90's when he did the morning shift. Morning Ireland didn't begin till 7.30 back then. I miss the mystery voice and the excellent interviews he did with visiting musicians. You always imagined him sitting at a kitchen table with a steaming mugs of tea whilst chatting. Unfortunately I can't listen to his new show as i've usually hit the pillow by then.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

i love the morning programe before morning ireland , i perfer it with maxi though , up untill recently there was a guy presented it on saturday morning who had a tremendously electic taste in music
    theyve changed the format and the strict rule of thumb now is that none of the music played can be recognisable to the average joe , music is still pretty ok but after 6 weeks , ive yet to hear a record ive ever heard before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fair_play_boy

DABgirl wrote: »
    I used to love 'terence the hairdresser'. John was really good when he was on early mornings too.
    Me too. Absolute legend. His appeal seems to be that he is such a friendly guy, and plays a wide range of music with a quirky edge. He has had a tough year with his grand-daughter dying after a few weeks. I only heard this week that that is why he did the Failte Towers thing, to raise miney for a children's hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but I found this and it might bring a smile to people's faces, given the events of the last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Creedon was Terance boi? Never knew that (or in my defence I'd forgotton).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Have to say I always find Creedon comes across as a kind of 'testy' dude.

Doesn't take criticism too well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Spent a night on the piss with him in Dublin recently, thoroughly nice bloke.

I hadn't a clue who he was, and it was bizarre having people coming up to him all the time, and then I asked my friend who this old geezer was that we were drinking with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,800 ✭✭✭horse7

top tip,have a bath and put johnner on the radio,its so relaxing.excellent show.

Advertisement