Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patching TCPIP.sys to remove the cap on concurrent tcpip half open connections

Options
  • 19-06-2008 2:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭

Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
    tcpip.sys version 6.0.6000.16386

Ive followed the instructions on this page and used the appropriate autopatcher for the above file version.
    http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/0...nection-limit/

Everything seems to go as planned and when i restart my computer press F8 and disable the “Driver Signature Enforcement”
    Even though i do this i still manage to get a BSOD.

Ive repaired the windows install and tried again but again the same problem.
    Any ideas why its not working for me?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

upgrade to sp3?

oh wait, vista.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

yup vista, was able to do this without any issues with my xp computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
    tcpip.sys version 6.0.6000.16386

Ive followed the instructions on this page and used the appropriate autopatcher for the above file version.
    http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/0...nection-limit/

Everything seems to go as planned and when i restart my computer press F8 and disable the “Driver Signature Enforcement”
    Even though i do this i still manage to get a BSOD.

Ive repaired the windows install and tried again but again the same problem.
    Any ideas why its not working for me?

Doesn't work, I've tried a hundred different methods, reg hacks, .dll replacments, autopatchers. None of it works, you only ever get limited half assed versions of what it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

well that just sucks.
    I cant believe that they have done this with vista.

It was ok in XP cause it was easy to change but in vista now they have actually gone out of their way to prevent people from altering this.

Man i wish they made this security feature optional.
    Seen as this adversly effects p2p software and browsing.

it totally screws with my browsing speeds when downloading anything even if the download rate is only 50kbps on a 6meg connection.

Advertisement