Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

recommend me a new band

• 19-06-2008 7:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭

looking for some good recommendations folks. I've been out of touch with the metal scene for a few years but lately I've been listening to a lot of the old classics from the nineties lately and would love to hear something fresher.

Been listening to Machine Head, Pantera, Type o Negative, Fear Factory, The Wildhearts & Sepultura.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

deftones latest album is very good,or sum gojira mite be too your liking to.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Sanitarium

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uAhUQS5-Lh8

Architects.. they're great :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

If you like Sepultura you might like Ektomorf.

Try Behemoth if you want too. Don't blame me if you don't like the vocals. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,635 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

+1 on Gojira. Sounds like they would be up your tree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Mastodon
    Chimaira
    Lamb of God
    The Black Dahlia Murder
    Hatebreed
    Meshuggah

Too many more to name but all of the above are friggin quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Vision of Disorder
    Walls of Jericho
    Nailbomb
    Converge
    The Red Chord
    December
    Earthtone 9
    Nora

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Norman213

gojira"from mars to sirius", any meshuggah, the new testament and exodus albums are pretty good, also likn "the price of existence" by all shall perish and i know their old skool but u may want to check out "enemy of god" by Kreator..wat a ****n album!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭Skadi

How about a new band with old style?

TÖXIK DEATH - HAPPY FUKKING HOLOCAUST

Genre: Thrash/Punk

Misantrof Experiment

This site has some good music. And if you are looking for something new, how about a mix of spanish style music, metal, and folk. Check out Los Bongos
    Los Bongos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭23

Dagoba are pretty good,their 3rd album is coming soon.Same for Gojira.Try Stabbing the drama by Soilwork too.Enjoy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Earth crisis,sick of it all also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Not a new band as such as they have two albums and an EP out, but check out Audrey Horne.

No Hay Banda and Le Fol are their albums. Really good in an Alice In Chains/AudioSlave/Faith No More/Soundgarden kinda way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭subzero12

s8n wrote: »
    looking for some good recommendations folks. I've been out of touch with the metal scene for a few years but lately I've been listening to a lot of the old classics from the nineties lately and would love to hear something fresher.

Been listening to Machine Head, Pantera, Type o Negative, Fear Factory, The Wildhearts & Sepultura.
    At The Gates simple as
    there a band from the 90s but for me they will never get old with me anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

MESHUGGAH. ****ing love Rational Gaze. my Ran is currently in F tuning :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Cherry_Darling

i would have to say mmm.. classic Nine inch nails!! or killswitch engage oh or old Funeral for a friend and Bullet for my valentine their new stuff is deadly!! you will find great metal on metal.ie!! great user generated site

Advertisement