Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Toastmasters Club for Letterkenny

Options
  • 19-06-2008 7:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I am planning to start a new Toastmasters Club in Letterkenny, and would like to see what level of interest is out there.

Toastmasters is a worldwide nonprofit organisation with a main objective of helping people become more competent and comfortable in front of an audience.

The idea is that the club meets once or twice per month, and members perform planned or impromptu speeches which are then evaluated to highlight what was done right and what could be improved.

The club helps all levels of public speaking - from experienced orators who what to hone their skills, to people who have real difficulty speaking in front of people. Or just the people in the middle, like me who don't have a real difficulty in standing up in front of a crowd, but just would like to do it better.

And, above all else, it's a bit of craic.

Things won't get going until September timeframe, but there will be a fair bit of work to line everything up for this.

There's a pile more information at www.toastmasters.org.

If you are interested in getting involved, please reply or PM me

Thanks lots,

0lordy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Excellent idea and all the best with it.

p.s i've to do a speech at a wedding on Tuesday next, do you do crash courses??:D:D:pac::pac::D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭0lordy

Senna> sorry we didn't make it in time for the wedding speech: hope it went well!

Thanks to the folks who PMed me, hopefully we can make this happen over the next few months.

For everyone else: if you still wish to get involved, be sure to let me know, and look out for start-up meeting in the September timeframe - there is scope to contribute at all levels, from just coming along to a club meeting, to getting deeply involved in the organisational side.

Thanks,

Hi all,

We're lining up our first Toastmasters meeting - it will be held in the LYIT (main entrance, follow signs) on Tuesday 23rd September at 8:30 PM sharp.

Please come along if you would like to see what it's all about.

PM me if you need more information, or want to get involved.

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

This sounds as though it could be intresting

Broxi: let me know if you need more information.

Some more detail at letterkenny.d71.org

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 toastmasters

this ''sounds'' good hopefully be at meeting and if there is more info please foward
    p

• Registered Users Posts: 2 toastmasters

would toastmaster meeting be tues 22 september or wed 23 september ?

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭The Assistinator

I think you would really want to look at the date but if you really want to go Tuesday 23rd sounds right

would toastmaster meeting be tues 22 september or wed 23 september ?

Thanks for the trip down memory lane - that post was from back in the day when we were just getting started!

We have a thriving club now, the new season kicks off with the first meeting on Tuesday, 1 September, in the iTek building, Letterkenny starting at 8.15 p.m.

More detail on the club is here or check out facebook here

Not sure about using toastmasters as a username, people might confuse you with the organisation, but I guess it's a free country :)

Advertisement