Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the difference between "Region" and "Excess"?

Options
  • 19-06-2008 8:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

Hi,

I was looking on daft.ie advertisements for sales of properties.
    I've noticed that some adverts has wording "region" in front of the price, some adverts has the wording "excess".
    What's the difference?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Excess generally means they are seeking greater than the advised price level, whereas region would indicate that while they are advising a particular price, that they are open to negotiation. In the current market I'd ignore both to be honest, and whack in what you consider a reasonable offer. I'm going back to a house next week with an excess pricetag on it- I advised the estate agent I did not consider the valuation to be either reasonable or realistic- to which I was told- that the seller was open to discussion, providing she wasn't insulted by the offer. She knows the market has changed. So too apparently have people's expectations. High time.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭spupazza

smccarrick wrote: »
    Excess generally means they are seeking greater than the advised price level, whereas region would indicate that while they are advising a particular price, that they are open to negotiation. In the current market I'd ignore both to be honest, and whack in what you consider a reasonable offer. I'm going back to a house next week with an excess pricetag on it- I advised the estate agent I did not consider the valuation to be either reasonable or realistic- to which I was told- that the seller was open to discussion, providing she wasn't insulted by the offer. She knows the market has changed. So too apparently have people's expectations. High time.

Thanks a lot for all your advices, as I didn't suspect you could negotiate on the price.
    If I'm not too curios can I ask what was the price requested and what your offer?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

spupazza wrote: »
    Thanks a lot for all your advices, as I didn't suspect you could negotiate on the price.
    If I'm not too curios can I ask what was the price requested and what your offer?

500k requested and considering offering 445k (I haven't actually made an offer yet, I have a few queries about the property regarding planning, sewage, BB availability etc..... that I want satisfactory answers to before I make a firm offer)

Advertisement