Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New white GHD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I want!

I had a pink one and it broke after about 8 months, have had my black ones for about 15 months now..so it's time to invest in a new pair! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I have mine 4 and a half years :eek: wow can't believe that! I love it and would be lost without it.

White one looks sexy though :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

dunno how long i have mine. about 3 years i reckon. the one before broke after 2 years.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I have the other size one, the wider one, I can't see it there online, i hope they still do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

What did you do before these things? Chicks seem to be nuts about them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

6th wrote: »
    What did you do before these things? Chicks seem to be nuts about them.

We just had bad hair days :(

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭littlebsci

I've had mine nearly 5 years now and it's still perfect...probably tempting fate by saying that though!!!
    The white one is fab but v expensive!! Hope mine holds out for a bit longer!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭OrangeDaisy

I had my first one for nearly 4 years and i actually broke it myself (stood on it :() I've had the pink one now for nearly a year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I don't really like GHD's, I think they straighten my hair too much if that makes sense. I have light hair and prefer something that gives me more volume. I ended up giving my GHD's to my housemate and buying Remington ones for €30 which suit my hair better. That white one looks cool though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Am I being a dickhead when I say colour really doesnt matter???

Why would you spend €190 on a straighner because you like the colour and not because you need it?

Ive had mine for about a year and they are still ok!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

LadyE wrote: »

Why would you spend €190 on a straighner because you like the colour and not because you need it?

Well whatever about the colour, they are supposed to be the best straighteners.

I still prefer my cheapo ones though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Well whatever about the colour, they are supposed to be the best straighteners.

I still prefer my cheapo ones though.

No doubt about it, they are the best straightner, but I wouldnt buy a new one for its colour! Thats just me tho. As long as it does the job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Aimee_gleeson

Don't have a GHD but have used them, found them really good! Savage money, i have a cheaper alternative and does the same job but could do with a new one as ceramic plates are going weird on it.

LINKY to ebay pure GHD tad bit cheaper..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

LadyE wrote: »

I'm surprised she has not spotted this one#

ceramic-iron-ghd-iv-pink-styler.jpg

So would you pay the 255 for the pink one CSG ?

If I have money I will get a new one in the next year and I will buy what ever colour I like but having said that I couldn't possibly decide on which one I wanted :)
    This thread will probably and make my one break down knowing my luck

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I have mine about 4 years, and its hanging in there.

However!!!

My hair is falling out, broken, split, people say 'oh you've lovely layers!' - they aren't layers, they're where my hair got broken off from the ghd.

DESTROYED my hair. The only reason I keep going is it looks worse curly.

Silverfish wrote: »
    I have mine about 4 years, and its hanging in there.

However!!!

My hair is falling out, broken, split, people say 'oh you've lovely layers!' - they aren't layers, they're where my hair got broken off from the ghd.

DESTROYED my hair. The only reason I keep going is it looks worse curly.

Thats awful do you use protectant and only run it down the strand once?
    I think I use mine twice a week and then maybe run over it a couple of times

I always wonder how I did without it. my hair was in worse condition before I got one

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I was in a barbers recently (Merchant Barber, Temple Bar, for any lads who want to avoid it) and one of the barbers, no actually in this case hairdresser is appropriate, was using one of those yokes on the guy before me. He only had short hair anyway, so I couldn't see the point, but it's a disturbing development if you can't get go to a proper barber without them producing girly implements like these. What's wrong with a good old fashioned comb? :confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Thats awful do you use protectant and only run it down the strand once?

I use some fairly heavy duty redken serum. Run it down the strand once? No chance! If you saw my hair you'd understand, frizzorama. And now its neither straight nor curly, just... thick horrible wavy yuck.
    I use it about twice a week, at the most.

Zaph wrote: »
    I was in a barbers recently (Merchant Barber, Temple Bar, for any lads who want to avoid it) and one of the barbers, no actually in this case hairdresser is appropriate, was using one of those yokes on the guy before me. He only had short hair anyway, so I couldn't see the point, but it's a disturbing development if you can't get go to a proper barber without them producing girly implements like these. What's wrong with a good old fashioned comb? :confused:

Totally with you here, I was in a hairdressers there a few years ago to get it blowdried straight (takes about an hour!), he dried it with a hairdryer then went to straighten it with a ghd - em, I could have done that at home. For free. And with decent coffee.
    After a brief scuffle, he took off with his ghd and sent someone else over to blowdry it straight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I just saw white ones on sale in the hairdressers next to where I'm working this week.

They're $350 which is about 175e which is a good bit cheaper than e295. However, I'm not earning euros anymore so if my GHD breaks it's going to be like spending to spend e350 on a new one at home.

/resolves to stop flinging GHD on the floor (I also stepped on one once and broke it but lucky it was an imitaiton one, not a real one!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Beautybeanie

Oh my lord, that's expensive.
    The white ones are $230 here and that's in Australian dollars.
    The pink ones sold out here a while ago and I haven't seen any around lately.

Straighteners work by breaking the bonds in your the structure of your hair strand.

I've found avoiding splitting/damaging hair is to ensure the following:

- application of a thermal protectant prior to styling
    - hair is totally dried
    - application of balm
    - not allowing the GHD to heat beyond its optimal temp
    - sectioning and pinning hair into manageable sections
    - not lingering on the clamp - about six seconds max

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

Silverfish wrote: »
    I use some fairly heavy duty redken serum. Run it down the strand once? No chance! If you saw my hair you'd understand, frizzorama. And now its neither straight nor curly, just... thick horrible wavy yuck.
    I use it about twice a week, at the most.

Naturally curly hair is dry and weak by nature which would explain why you're experiencing such breakage.

Curly hair is annoying alright but it's all about the tlc :) I had the most horrible, HORRIBLE, frizzy, wavy hair for years and years before I was told the secret to beautiful curly hair which is DO NOT BRUSH YOUR HAIR :)

I follow this routine:
    1. Wet hair in shower.
    2. Apply conditioner.
    3. Use fingers as brush to detangle hair and remove hair that's fallen out.
    4. Wrap head in towel.
    5. Apply Shockwaves Strong/Ultra Strong gel all over hair. Not too much but not too little either (finding the balance is the trick)
    6. Leave to dry naturally and shake out when dry OR Dry with a diffuser.
    7. Once steps 1-6 are perfected await glowing compliments from all around you on how you've got the most beautiful curly hair :)

I'd wash my hair with shampoo about once a week.

All the above said. I do like to change things up every now and again and get my hair straigthened at the hairdressers. I've been thinking about getting a ghd but I'm not sure if I'd get enough use out of it to warrant it's price tag. hmmm

A

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭d-redser

:D

I just bought it :o:D:o

I wasnt able to resist..

Plus you get a free dvd, protect serum, travel case AND its new and improved with the new voltage system it can be used in the US & A :D:D

:o

Ooooo you get all that
    Fab!

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭d-redser

:D are you tempted yet? !!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

arent the normal 1s 150? twice the price? :confused:

my sister has 1 & i love it, if she moved out id probably buy 1. but to be honest even 150 is too much, i could never spend 300!

when shes not around (& has taken the ghd) i use 1 i bought in heatons for €12. doesnt give the same sleekness as the ghd but it straightens it fine!

d-redser wrote: »
    :D are you tempted yet? !!

No :( cannot afford it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

My GHD is still going strong..so no fear of investing in a new one anytime soon!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

d-redser wrote: »
    :D

I just bought it :o:D:o

I wasnt able to resist..

Plus you get a free dvd, protect serum, travel case AND its new and improved with the new voltage system it can be used in the US & A :D:D

:o

The dvd can be seen on Youtube

All newer GHD's from the last year or so can be used in the US.

The protect serum is brutal. I'd recommend Kerestase Ciment Thermique.

I understood why they made the first pink one because a certain amount of profit went to breast cancer research but for god sake does it really matter what colour GHD you have... they all do the same thing in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭wandering_star

Is it just me or is anyone else really freaked out by the massive Ghd bill boards....? The liquid latex-esque body suit, the teeny tiny thin body and then the massive head of curls.
    The advertising alone puts me off the product tbh.

Advertisement