Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New white GHD

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

I have my ghd a while now and i love it!! I certainly wouldn't be trading it in for a new colour although the white one is gorgeous looking but who cares what it looks like as long as it does the job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I don't think I'll ever understand the whole hair straightener thing.

Rozabeez wrote: »
    I don't think I'll ever understand the whole hair straightener thing.

Why is that?

I don't use them very often at all, and I think people look great with curly hair.

I don't use them very often at all, and I think people look great with curly hair.

Ah ya but some people prefer a change, they don't like their hair being the same every time they go out. Sometimes they could wear it curly, sometimes straight. Its nice to have it different every now and then.

• Advertisement

Yeah true, but ironically the most I'd use a straightener for is to have someone curl my hair with it.

Yeah true, but ironically the most I'd use a straightener for is to have someone curl my hair with it.
    I've only used mine to curl my hair once.. its quite difficult doing it on your own :( but i prefer to wear my hair straight anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

well its $295 dollars, so isnt that €190???
    thats not so bad, i too want it , bad, i have a ghd with about 3 yrs now, the wide plates one, would like the thinner ones to do curls though..
    But i can't...i am trying to stay away from online shopping - even the postman has noticed my efforts! he commented the other day "god you havent bought anything online in ages! have you cut up your credit card or what?" that gave me the strength to continue with my efforts to stay away from it.

Is the white one not available in the shops??!! Mmm im just as bad with my credit card, most evil thing invented :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Checked my credit on vodafone today and it had an ad for the new GHD on special offer for €189 in Peter Marks (pure and dark) while stocks last.

What's all this €300 lark?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭mydarkstar

Blush_01 wrote: »
    Checked my credit on vodafone today and it had an ad for the new GHD on special offer for €189 in Peter Marks (pure and dark) while stocks last.

What's all this €300 lark?

I got that ad on my phone this morning too, it's very tempting since my old one has been very tempermental lately....it's about 6 or 7 years old. And it didnt work last time I brought it on hols to USA.

Are the Pure and Dark GHD's just the ordinary narrow barrel ones, just that they come in either white or black?? Am a bit confused - they were definitely only €189 (not €300) according to the ad today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I have mine about 5 years.. They apparently last much longer if you don't wrap the lead/flex (whatever you call it) around the actual straightner, cos it damages the wires..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

I actually don't like the white or pink one at all! I have mine about 2 years. It's still in perfect condition (How I will never know considering it's been thrown about a bit).

Even if it was to break I would still be going for the black one again. I wish I could use the cheaper straighteners but my hair is just impossible and won't straighten without the use of a GHD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 appleydappley

I keep hoping mine will break during October so I can get a new pink one! I always leave it in the middle of the floor to make it more vulnerable. I can't justify buying a new one just because I like the colour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

I keep hoping mine will break during October so I can get a new pink one! I always leave it in the middle of the floor to make it more vulnerable. I can't justify buying a new one just because I like the colour!

eh..why October?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭mydarkstar

Femmy wrote: »
    eh..why October?

that must be when the Irish Cancer Society does it's breast cancer fundraising campaign... and limited edition pink ghd's are out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Oh Jesus, just buy one woman, if you want it that bad :D

Advertisement