Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Convert your car to run on water.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

God thats the answer to all my prayers:eek:, Just give me a minute to write down all my bank details on a piece of paper and post it on the internet so they can find it...............oh but wait a litre of bottled water is actually more expensive than a Litre of petrol:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

This is my favourite quote: 'Unfortunately, we’re running out of ebooks fast..':D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

If it ain't endorsed by a recently deceased Nigerian monarch, I ain't buying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Apparently if you pour water directly into your tank at a 70% diesel to 30% water mix there is no need for this conversion kit. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

If you google enough you can find some articles on the web giving more detailed information on this stuff. Basically it involves generating what they call HHO gas (or oxyhydrogen) by electrolysing water. For a start this 'revolutionary' HHO 'gas' is already well known technology (i.e. hydrogen and oxygen in a 2:1 ratio, the same as water) and is used in certain applications for high temperature torches.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HHO_Gas

The problem is though, where do you get the energy from to electrolyse the water into HHO-gas in the first place? And why not just use the electricity straight away to drive the car, instead of going through another un-needed conversion process? As the above article says ...
    Oxyhydrogen is often mentioned in conjunction with devices that claim to increase automotive engine efficiency. See water-fuelled car

Many of these claims, prima facie, violate the Law of conservation of energy. See Conservation of energy and Electrolysis of water:Efficiency. To date, none of these claims have been proven, and most have been fraudulent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

sinking_car.jpg
    it sank when i tried running it on water

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

Alun wrote: »
    ]The problem is though, where do you get the energy from to electrolyse the water into HHO-gas in the first place?

Think the energy to electrolyse the water into HHO comes from the cars battery :D

Advertisement