Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixmania - no delivery - investigating.

Options
  • 19-06-2008 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

I order a 300 euro product from Pixmania.
    It wasn't delivered.

Pixmania said to be investigating with an Post.
    That was over a month ago.

What can I do ? What rights do I have ?

How can I get the money back via Visa ?

What would you do ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

englander wrote: »
    I order a 300 euro product from Pixmania.
    It wasn't delivered.

Pixmania said to be investigating with an Post.
    That was over a month ago.

What can I do ? What rights do I have ?

How can I get the money back via Visa ?

What would you do ?
    The same thing happened with DHL for me when I ordered a digi camera from pixmania. The package went missing. Pixmania started an investigation. I couldnt wait as I needed the item urgently as it was a present. I paid with mastercard and it seems with mastercard/BOI (should be the same with VISA) that if you haven't received the item within a month they will charge back instantly with basically no questions asked. It is up to the seller to prove you have received the item.

Ring you credit card provider now and charge back. It is a lot easier and a lot quicker to do it this way than wait for an investigation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ajcolleges

bought a 500gb hard drive back in june 10th, received it on june 13th emailed them two days later to tell them the remote is faulty, I am still waiting on 24 July for the bloody thing to be collected from my house want a refund, wouldn' allow them give me a replacement because the hardship i've experienced in dealing with them, the thing is I paid with laser card and just wondering would BOI refund it or what??

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

Exact same thing happened me with Pixmania after ordering a Camcorder. With DHL you can track the item and mysteriouslly it went "missing" somewhere at the depot in Dublin and the UK.

I have my doubts about DHL.

It took a long time, approx 2 months after I made my initial order for Pixmania and DHL so sort out the mess. I rang DHL and complained continuously and when I put it to them that a member of staff could well have "stolen" it they didn't deny it as I know it happens!

Good luck with your conversations with Pixmania, a nightmare to deal with! they dont seem to read your emails even, all I use to get was an auto response which pissed me off even more. I had a European consumer agency onto them to finally sort it our

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I had a problem like this back around december with pixmania.
    the sent the item out and I think it was coming via anpost. was waiting ages for it, they said they sent it. anpost said they never received the item or it had went missing.
    kept checking with the post office every day for about a week,
    then I went down with a form for missing post which was to be stamped by that guards and had to get it signed by anpost.
    they said it was not necessary for it to signed by them kinda fobbed me off.... later that day the postman arrived an an un-usual time with my satnav(post run had already been done that mornin) to be honest I think they had it put away themself's and were plannin on keeping it and blaming the high volume of post due to chistmas, also this took nearly a month too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

ajcolleges wrote: »
    the thing is I paid with laser card and just wondering would BOI refund it or what??
    Paying with laser is the equivalent to paying with cash. They can't help you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Pixmania are owned by the DSG Retail Group (Pc World, Dixons, John Lewis)

Name Pixmania.co.uk
    Head Office Address DSGi Maylands Avenue, Hemel Hempstead, Herts, HP2 7TG.
    Telephone 0 87 00 118 117
    Fax 0033 0145 0136 78 / 0033 0145 0139 07
    Telephone Order Monday to Friday, 09.00 AM to 05.00
    Number of Stores 1 Pixmania.com 792, Fulham Road Fulham - LONDON SW6
    Refund Policy 7 Working days
    Web Address http://www.pixmania.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

I have spent approx 3000 euros with Pixmania..
    they are FANTASTIC. good products good prices.
    Until you have a problem and they dont read your emails....
    then they are a nightmare.... truly..
    so I stopped using them...

Charge back through your credit-card, talking to them is a waste of time.
    In fact ask them how to contact MR FOX who is the customer care manager i think his name is on the bottom of most of their communications..
    they will ignore your request... no matter how you ask... it would be funny if it wasnt sad...

Then send them a link to this thread. !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Pixmania are an utter disaster when it comes to customer service. Well, seeing as they are part of the Dixons/pc world group, thats no surprise.

I'm waiting for a refund for the last 8 months on an item I sent back

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

axer wrote: »
    Ring you credit card provider now and charge back. It is a lot easier and a lot quicker to do it this way than wait for an investigation.

I think this is the way to go here,getting a charge back is one of the benefits of paying by CC.

Advertisement