Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

House Design

• 19-06-2008 9:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

I dont know if its just me, but it seems lately that there is a lot of threads being hijacked by posters regarding house design, whats important in house designing, acceptable styles etc.
    Oh and I think I remember one or two posts about Architects, engineers and architectural technicians responsibilities:D.

There are obviously a lot of Construction professionals on this Forum and I think sometimes we get a bit carried away with technical discussions and debates. Unfortunately while we are discussing the merits of hiring an architect over engineer the original poster (who probably just asked "is hard to mix plaster") is left completely out of the loop with their question unanswered.

The mods do a great job of keeping the threads on topic but this just means the hijacking subtopic is left unanswered to come up another day on another unsuspecting post.

I am suggesting that something similar to the "DEAP Issues" sticky on the renewable energies forum be created here. It works very well over there. Here it could be an outlet for frustrated cadmonkeys to debate design and construction issues while they wait for archicad to finish loading bloody libraries (usually that somebody else has added for no reason) or autocad to crash (usually while you are trying to save).

Feedback?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

House design is such a general and subjective area...

DEAP issues is very specific.

I dont think a sticky would work because it would be al over the place.

Theres already an Art & Architecture forum if the concept and form need to be debated.

Advertisement