Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

SEAT Cordoba 1.4TDIs change in C02 Rate..!!

Options
  • 19-06-2008 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭

Got a letter today from Hispano Cars LTD.
    advising me of a mistake in the rac02 class of my car to 119 g/Km which reduces te taxe band from €150 to €100 per year.. :eek:
    :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Good to hear.

Incidently the Cordoba will no longer be made from the end of the year from what I have heard. It is basically an Ibiza with a boot but since the new Ibiza goes on sale soon Seat apparently have decided that there will not be a new Cordoba varient due to the general lack of demand for small saloons across Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

bazz26 wrote: »
    Incidently the Cordoba will no longer be made from the end of the year from what I have heard. It is basically an Ibiza with a boot but since the new Ibiza goes on sale soon Seat apparently have decided that there will not be a new Cordoba varient due to the general lack of demand for small saloons across Europe.

So I heard,
    Mayber that will make my one more desirable when trading as being a scarce car :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Well, Polo saloons became very sought after once VW axed them. oh no. wait. no. :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Well, Polo saloons became very sought after once VW axed them. oh no. wait. no. :D

Hideous car :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Hideous car :D

Have a bit of respect for the OP. the Polo saloon was a rebadged SEAT Cordoba!

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Have a bit of respect for the OP. the Polo saloon was a rebadged SEAT Cordoba!

Indeed same goes for the Suzuki Lianna i just cant see the appeal just buy a proper saloon! :D

Indeed same goes for the Suzuki Lianna i just cant see the appeal just buy a proper saloon! :D

Main reason I bought it over an Ibiza was because of the HUGE bot space i need to transport my sons RC Racing Gear around with me :D

As a Side note.
    I would prefer to get a drive in the back of a Hearse than buy a Liana :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

either way its still a seat.... no litter thats all it is... you just sit in it all day long waiting for the tow truck....

S.I.R wrote: »
    either way its still a seat.... no litter thats all it is... you just sit in it all day long waiting for the tow truck....

? Its a VAG car at the end of the Day ive never had any trouble with my 7yr old ibiza

S.I.R wrote: »

So,
    What you are saying is that IF I had bought a 1.4 TDI Audi A2 then I would sit in it waiting for the same tow truck ?? Or maybe wait longer until he is finished towing your car to the Breakers yard :rolleyes::D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 michael.oleary

vectra wrote: »
    Got a letter today from Hispano Cars LTD.
    advising me of a mistake in the rac02 class of my car to 119 g/Km which reduces te taxe band from €150 to €100 per year.. :eek:
    :cool:

Is your car already registered in ireland?, I currently have an 05 Seat Cordoba, and O was delighted to see that my environmentally friendly attitude was about to pay off! Only for the fact that there seems to be two motor taxation schemes (old and new).

"From 1 July 2008, motor tax will move from its current system of bands based on engine size to one based on CO2 emissions. There will be seven bands in total, ranging from €100 a year for the greenest cars, to €2000 for cars with the highest emissions ratings. It will result in savings of more than €300 for motorists who chose the lowest emission vehicles. The new emissions motor tax system will apply to all new vehicles and newly imported cars registered on or after July 1 next year. Existing cars will continue to be taxed on the current basis of engine size."

Since I have a car that is already registered in Ireland it looks like I will be paying the old tax system, I personally think this is bullsh1t as I bought with the intention of both saving the environment and saving a bit of money for myself. Can anyone confirm if this is a mistake?

There information was taken from the follow link (Department of Environment)

http://www.environ.ie/en/Environment/News/MainBody,16215,en.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

The new emissions motor tax system will apply to all new vehicles and newly imported cars registered on or after July 1 next year.

This is not quite correct, all new '08 cars will be able to use the new tax rates, from Jan '08, not just July.

You, however, will not.

Zube wrote: »
    This is not quite correct, all '08 cars will be able to use the new tax rates.

You, however, will not.

This just shows that the government is truly not serious about reducing CO2 when there in a price tag attached. I doesn't really give an incentive for people driving gas guzzlers to downsize to a more environmental friendly car either, oh well. I still plan to run the car into the ground assuming it still gives the economy / omission that I'm currently receiving. Thanks for the speedy reply Zube.

Is your car already registered in ireland?, .

Registered new in Feb 08.
    paid the 343 annual tax to get it out of the way when 2 weks later it was announced that all 08 cars will benefit from the lower rates after July.
    I could have saved myself a few €'s if i had done it for 6 months first.
    Ah well,
    Cant win them all :rolleyes:

vectra wrote: »
    Registered new in Feb 08.
    paid the 343 annual tax to get it out of the way when 2 weks later it was announced that all 08 cars will benefit from the lower rates after July.
    I could have saved myself a few €'s if i had done it for 6 months first.
    Ah well,
    Cant win them all :rolleyes:

It's a great car. I'm delighted I bought, shame I didn't get a new one :)

is your one the TDI as well ? ( 80bhp )
    My one is getting better as time passes on the fuel economy. :cool:

Advertisement