Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking hardware for upgrade on planes

Options
  • 19-06-2008 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭

When I next go to see my parents I want to take some hardware to upgrade my fathers computer.

Am I likely to have any problems taking them on board with me?

Or

Will I have to have them securely packed and hand them in to the fragile items section?

Anyone done this before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

Carry them on board with you. I wouldn't trust them in the hold. I brought home two 20" LCD's a few years back from Boston. Carried the two screens in hand luggage and the stands in my checked in baggage. Never had any issues at all and saved over €300 each on them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I'll have a think about that.

I'm only taking a CPU and RAM but maybe motherboard as well.

Took the lot on board in laptop bag. nmo problems.
    Dads ahs now been up graded from an 866mhz with 128mb ram to P3 1.4Ghz
    1GB ram windows xp.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

On Sunday there I took on board a PSU and graphics card from Dublin to Birmingham without any issues. I was concerned that they'd stop me with the PSU but nope, my bag wasn't even searched.

TC

TinCool wrote: »
    On Sunday there I took on board a PSU and graphics card from Dublin to Birmingham without any issues. I was concerned that they'd stop me with the PSU but nope, my bag wasn't even searched.

TC

I flew from Dub - Prague and then Prague to Larnaca. My bag was only checked at Dublin and I had to take it all out of the bag and put it in one of those plastic bowls.
    No probs though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement