Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most enjoyable Spin / Race ??

Options
  • 19-06-2008 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Would like to hear about people's best trips in the saddle for whatever reason... tough going , scenery, personal best etc ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

My overall best I think would have to be the Camino de Santiago which I did in reverse, the coastal route, in 1999- taking it at a leisurely pace, around 1,000km in three and a half months :eek:

Not having the ability to take such leisurely holidays now second place would go to the Camino done the right way around last year on the traditional route, Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port to Santiago, 867km, 12 days.

Navarra (Cirauqui)
    th_01_Cirauqui-1.jpg

La Rioja
    th_02_Rioja.jpgth_03_Rioja.jpgth_04_Rioja.jpgth_05_Rioja.jpgth_06_Rioja.jpgth_07_Azofra.jpgth_08_Santo_Domingo.jpgth_09_Santo_Domingo.jpg

Castilla y León (Meseta / leaving Rabanal)
    th_10_Meseta.jpgth_11_Rabanal.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Galicia (note "No Bici" graffiti on the 100k marker)
    th_12_Galicia.jpgth_13_Galicia.jpgth_14_Galicia.jpgth_15_Galicia.jpgth_16_100k_Galicia.jpgth_17_Galicia.jpgth_18_Galicia.jpgth_19_Galicia.jpgth_20_Galicia.jpg

Santiago!
    th_21_Santiago.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

:pac: Blorg ... can I come too next time??? hehe

That looks amazing ... That's the type of holiday want to go on but noone wants to come with me ... I need new friends :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

if thats an invite Caroline count me in, looks amazing Blorg fair play
    anyone else got more? love this stuff ha
    oh and not very busy in work ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

I've really enjoyed the bike tours I've done - Mayo Coast, Budapest to Bucharest, the Camino too.

Generally any summer (or winter) mtb ride where you really get into the flow and it feels like you're gliding over the trails.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Mugatu

Malin to Mizen sticking to the west coast as much as possible. Hard to find a highlight as it was all amazing. Mayo into Connemara was a particular amazing cycle!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Was the camino the one that Tim Moore (author of the hilarious French Revolutions - no cyclist should be without this on their book shelf), did with a donkey and wrote about in a book called Spanish Steps ? Would be interested in that myself, read the book a few years ago, sounded great.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    Was the camino the one that Tim Moore (author of the hilarious French Revolutions - no cyclist should be without this on their book shelf), did with a donkey and wrote about in a book called Spanish Steps ?

That's the one.

Advertisement