Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avril Doyle rant

Options
  • 19-06-2008 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭

Why did go ranting at the Eurosceptic British MEPs?
    Is that all she said, or did she have anything useful to contribute.

Surely she should be playing them to Irelands advantage rather than just insulting them!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I agree with you Fuzzy, & my impression was that Avril (Fine Gael) is Pro-Treaty & UKIP is very Anti-Treaty, and they (UKIP) were praising the Irish NO vote camp & congratulating the Irish people for stalling the ratification process, therby completly going against her (Fine Gael) wishes .............

Avril wanted a Yes Vote, so no matter how Pro-Irish UKIP & friends were yesterday green jerseys & all they were still no friends of the YES campaign & Avril was disgusted at their delight in the Irish rejection of the Yes campaign.

I did think it a bit OTT that she then went off on some kind of 'Anti British' rant going back into history, specially with Westminster just about to ratify the Treaty as she was speaking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

I did find it funny that A FG mep was belittling a "motley crew of right wingers".
    UKIP are there for comic effect in fairness and their ilk wouldn't be considered in any way pro Irish. The Irish No just suits their own agenda. Having said that I do enjoy everytime they speak in the parliment. It's fun and sometimes on the money too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

She's better at Enda for ranting though, in fairness!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

simu wrote: »
    She's better at Enda for ranting though, in fairness!
    Well thats a fact!
    Nice dramatic booming voice, disdainful look at the peasantry on her face, mark jacobs sitting on the desk, long drawl on the sarcastic words. Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

It's good to see Fine Gael re-discover their republican roots.

The last dealings I remember they had with nut-job right-wing British groups was when they closed down the investigation into the Dublin and Monaghan bombings after a disgracefully short Garda investigation.

Only took them 34 years to come around.

I suppose Lisbon was good for something after all!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement