Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda Accord

Options
  • 19-06-2008 10:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Hi

I bought a Honda Accord 1.8LS 2000 64000 miles recently for €4000 (dodgy clutch). I thought it was a good price as I was driving a 97 Civic 1.4SE before (still have it) and there was nothing wrong with.

A couple of people have said that it was a lot of money for an 8 yr old car and I am beginning to doubt my purchase? Any suggestions/comments

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

1st rule of buying anything (and used cars in particular):

Once it's bought, it's bought. Don't look back, don't ask around, don't compare ...somebody WILL spoil it for you, no matter how good a deal you thought you got.

Just enjoy your purchase, never mind what others tell you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭geoff29

00 accord sounds fine - they're quite nice really and the engines keep on going and going and going and...

as mentioned I wouldnt worry - just enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Honda Accords usually go for more money than other saloons in the same class. A 00 for 4,000 is typical money, and good value IMO, especially considering the low mileage.

Check the timing belt to see if it needs replacing (if not already replaced) and whether or not the water pump was done too (usually both done together every 60,000 miles or 4 years)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

peasant wrote: »
    1st rule of buying anything (and used cars in particular):

Once it's bought, it's bought. Don't look back, don't ask around, don't compare ...somebody WILL spoil it for you, no matter how good a deal you thought you got.

Just enjoy your purchase, never mind what others tell you.

I have to agree with this, whats done is done mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Valhalla wrote: »
    A couple of people have said that it was a lot of money for an 8 yr old car

Typical Irish answer from people who know nothing about cars. Plate is king to them. "an 8 year old car" can be anything from a left hand drive micra to a Lambourghini. In your case it's a low mileage Accord. Therefore it's about right.
    So many times I've heard people say "why would you buy that 05 RX8 when you could buy a brand new Golf for the same money?". Wrecks my head.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Valhalla

Thanks for all the input/advice. very much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

To the OP - for what is worth, that generation of Accord was voted the most reliable car by What Car survey for a few years? I know there's an article somewhere on the web with it. With 64k it should keep going a while yet.

Best of luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement