Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greystones Theatre

Options
  • 18-06-2008 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

As some of you may have seen or heard, there is a new venue open to all in Greystones. We are right in the centre of the town and gigs and events are happening from this point on.

theatre_interior_small.jpg

We are located right behind Super Valu on the main street and we'd be delighted to hear from you. We have a website over at www.greystonestheatre.com and if the admins here want to set up a thread to ask people what they would like to see there, we'd be delighted to see what we could do.
    We're very excited about this and we look forward to seeing you come along to the next event.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Welcome to Boards, Finian.

I have taken this out of the Say Hello Here thread and moved into a thread of its own.

Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Fantastic news this place is opening up. Any idea of capacity figures?

I'd love to see a bit of Stand-up comedy. Stand-up comedy in a good theatre thats not too big has always got a good atmosphere. I often head down to Bray for the First Wednesday show but sometimes its too jam packed and you don't get in. Other times you are stuck behind pillar with limiting viewing!

I'll go over and have a look at your website shortly....

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Hi finian,

We were down there for the opening night, had a couple of kids performing with action arts. What a great venue. Having enjoyed a lot of great gigs in The Mermaid and The Pavillion over the years i'm looking forward to seeing some great acts on our doorstep :)

Some of the acts i'd love to see would be the likes of Mundy, Kila, Liam Clancy, The Hot House Flowers etc.

Just one query, do you intend on issuing a bi-weekly or monthly email to subscribers with lists of what's coming up ? Just wondering as it's pretty handy and cheaper then sending out printed lists.

Either way, good luck with this venture :) It's something Greystones has been really lacking for many years and I wish you well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 daithilocha

The very best of luck to all involved,,

i cant wait to see it after 25 years in the business !!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 finianmurphy

Thanks for your comments and questions. It's great to see there is interest in GT.
    Astrofluff, the seating capacity is 250 and standing 4-500. We intend to have a regular comedy night as well as one-off gigs. We'd love to see you.
    Swanner, great to hear you enjoyed the theatre and thanks for your suggestions. We have every intention not only to showcase local talent but also bring in big name artists. We will have a mailing list with news and events coming up - if you e-mail us at info@greystonestheatre.com, we'll include you. In the mean time, the listings are on the site.
    Thanks all

• Advertisement
Advertisement