Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[REQ] Apple Iphone

• 19-06-2008 10:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Interested in buying an Iphone. Don't know much about the firmware and the more technical aspects of the phone but it would be great if someone could give me a few pointers at where to get the best price.

I'm going to New York in a few weeks so any suggestions of places over there would be good too, I just thought with the new 3g model coming out soon it might be easier to get a good price for the 2g model, or get the 3g model, it doesn't matter I'd juts like to get it contract free and use it on pay as you go.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,997 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Oops, sorry, well hopefully the mod can move this thread.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I am sure Ruu will be around to beat you with his mod stick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,997 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

There's no need to delete. Just ask them to move it and if they're really nice, clean it up a little! :pac:

Yea, I had a quick look for requests but didn't obviously look hard enough.

Anyway anyone with suggestions that would be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Shorty, just head for the Apple store up at 5th Av and Central Park - you cannot miss it as its a big glass block plonked in front of the GM building and next to FAO Schwarz (toy shop). The apple gear is same price everywhere (more or less anyway) so iphone will be same price as on the site - the advantage on the site is that you can get it engraved; but you won't get the cheap USD price on the Irish site:D

Seeing that I have no seen you good, you can get me one too:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,255 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

The mobile phone forum might be of more help to you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,939 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Moved to Requests.

Shorty, just head for the Apple store up at 5th Av and Central Park - you cannot miss it as its a big glass block plonked in front of the GM building and next to FAO Schwarz (toy shop). The apple gear is same price everywhere (more or less anyway) so iphone will be same price as on the site - the advantage on the site is that you can get it engraved; but you won't get the cheap USD price on the Irish site:D

Seeing that I have no seen you good, you can get me one too:cool:

Yea, but what about the whole contract situation, I want it sim free.

Keep up the help and you might get one:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

+ 1 i am going to NYC to and looking for an Iphone. I also want to use it as a pay as you go phone. I do not want to pay for the use of 3G.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

The new 8 gig 3G model costs 199$ now.

But I think you have to sign a two year contract for that. What is the cost if you just want to take it back to ireland with no contract. Also whats the cost of the 16GB model I looked for it but I couldnt find it.

The new model is 3G, I'd really like to buy one of these so any info would be great, 2g or 3g, it doesn't matter. I'd rather not go through ebay, I'l be in the states so theres no need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Forget about getting a new iPhone in the States. Unlike with the first model, all new iPhones have to be activated in-store. The UK will be your best bet if you want a pay-as-you-go iPhone.

Well then if the 3g option isn't availabl eon pay as you go would there be any stores in the states selling the 2g model contract free.

Are you sure the 3g model has to be actiavted in store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

buy one off adverts.ie as some ppl are selling them for ridicously low prices, thanks to other people spoiling there threads saying the new iphone costs $199. But they tend to ignore they part where you pay 45euro a month for 18 months. I dont give two hoots about 3g as I never used it on my old phones and I dont give 2 hoots about gps. So if your like me, but one off adverts.ie. And then buy an iphone next summer when they actually add a proper camera or othe features that most ppl care about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

shortys94 wrote: »
    Are you sure the 3g model has to be actiavted in store?

Positive, the iPhone is treated not any differently from any other bill phone now in the States. They will not let you out of the store without having signed a contract.

Any more suggetions?

Advertisement