Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cavan Lake fishing ... advise needed

Options
  • 19-06-2008 10:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭

Hi All,

Can anybody give me some info on the best lakes to go fishing the end of july.

A friend and I are looking at going to cavan for a spot of lake fishing for 2 days.

where are the best places to go. and what info will i need to sort out to fish on the lake. do you need a lisence or anything like that??

thanks for you time

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hoggibear

most if not all the decent sized lakes up there will hold pike, get yourself some big spinners, spoons and lures and target them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭rferguson

hoggibear wrote: »
    most if not all the decent sized lakes up there will hold pike, get yourself some big spinners, spoons and lures and target them..

thanks hoggie. will i need a license, do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hoggibear

nope, but there are limits to how many you can keep and what size they are (if you plan on keeping any that is :() otherwise lash away and hopefully ya hook a duck eatin monster haha ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭rferguson

hoggibear wrote: »
    nope, but there are limits to how many you can keep and what size they are (if you plan on keeping any that is :() otherwise lash away and hopefully ya hook a duck eatin monster haha ;)

Haha. im really looking forward to it. dont think ill keep any. just catch and throw back. thats what ill be at

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Chopperdog 2

Please remeber that if you are targetting pike ALWAYS use a wire trace.

1. You will not leave hooks and gear in fish.

2. You will lose less gear.

3. It is SO much more considerate to the fish.

PS I am not lecturing, merely trying to educate anyone that doesnt know this already :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 fatass

Actually me and a few mates want to do the same thing, can anyone recommend a good town in Cavan to stay in? We'd ideally like to rent a row boat for the time we're there too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

fatass wrote: »
    Actually me and a few mates want to do the same thing, can anyone recommend a good town in Cavan to stay in? We'd ideally like to rent a row boat for the time we're there too

sure just follow the foreigners. oh yes and dont forget to make lots of noise and leave ALL your litter behind, leave every gate open, and the more lidl (crap) fishing tackle packaging you leave behind...the better. We in Cavan love this.

Advertisement