Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The RAW brand is really stale FACT

• 19-06-2008 10:45am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭

From the lastest Wrestling Observer:

"Since the 2002 creation of the second world title, every Raw title match but two had either HHH, Cena or Orton in it. And in both of those two shows, HHH was in the actual main event as his matches were pushed bigger than the title match".

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

rovert wrote: »

"Since the 2002 creation of the second world title, every Raw title match but two had either HHH, Cena or Orton in it. And in both of those two shows, HHH was in the actual main event as his matches were pushed bigger than the title match".

Christ. This is gonna drive me insane trying to remember what those two matches were.

Michaels(c) vs Van Dam was one. HHH did a run in if I recall.

Batista v someone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Benoit Vs Kane at Backlash 2004

Edge Vs ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I assume he means on PPV because there was a Benoit vs Michaels title match as the main event of Raw one time

EDIT: I just checked, HHH pedigreed both guys during the match, haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

gimmick wrote: »
    Edge Vs ???

Ric Flair tlc match???????

dancor wrote: »
    Ric Flair tlc match???????

That was on Raw and was the main event. As was Benoit vs Kane and Benoit vs Eugene

• Advertisement

It was RVD vs Edge at Vengeance 2006. HHH and Shawn vs the Spirit Squad in the main event

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Will Triple H be the death of WWE in years to come???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Fozzy wrote: »
    That was on Raw and was the main event. As was Benoit vs Kane and Benoit vs Eugene

Sorry, It was not Backlash, it was Bad Blood 2004.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

callaway92 wrote: »

In years to come??? The seed has been planted for a long time unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I'll put the money on Cena and his chain gang kiddies killing the company first.
    VR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Quite a staggering statistic and a good argument to get SuperHunter off of the show pronto. Oh wait...his ego won't allow it. Oh well.

All hail the King of Kings! Zzzzz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

HHH is still probably the second biggest draw they have and the biggest drawing heel. He has a proven track record and in fairness, takes the fall at Wrestlemanias constantly

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Quite a staggering statistic and a good argument to get SuperHunter off of the show pronto. Oh wait...his ego won't allow it. Oh well.

All hail the King of Kings! Zzzzz.

It should be the number one rationale for him to be moved to Smackdown. Of course it wont happen.

Bubs101 wrote: »
    HHH is still probably the second biggest draw they have and the biggest drawing heel. He has a proven track record and in fairness, takes the fall at Wrestlemanias constantly

This is the correct answer, of course, if Cena f*cks off to Smackdown where he belongs, that will make him #1

The all HHH has to worry about is defending his Wrestlemania jobbing streak. ;)
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

It should be the number one rationale for him to be moved to Smackdown. Of course it wont happen.

Oh god no, yes Hunter has being ****e for a while and since he has came back all he has done is bury people with Umanga and Orton being the most high profile, but I dont want to see him go over Edge and judging from reports I don't think Edge wants anything to do with Stepahnies husband's politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

I'll put the money on Cena and his chain gang kiddies killing the company first.
    VR!

I agree, he's brutal and has a big following, but i think Triple H still has a lot to offer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

HHH will never go to SD.

I would like to see other contenders for the WWE title like Y2J/Jeff Hardy/Mr . Kennedy/CM Punk/HBK in the mix other than Orton, Cena and HHH

JP Liz wrote: »
    HHH will never go to SD.

I would like to see other contenders for the WWE title like Y2J/Jeff Hardy/Mr . Kennedy/CM Punk/HBK in the mix other than Orton, Cena and HHH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

HHH will never go to SD.

i really think they should give the title to HBK one last time....to be the man you gotta beat the man....well he beat the man! give him another title reign!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

and have y2j knock his eyes straight with another jeritron 6000 and win the gold!

flawless! :d

• Advertisement

i really think they should give the title to HBK one last time....to be the man you gotta beat the man....well he beat the man! give him another title reign!

I love the way everyone is against another HHH title reign, but want another title reign from those who, quite frankly don't need it. We've had suggestions in the past with Undertaker, HBK, Kane etc, why? Cos they're around the longest? That's exactly why they don't need title reigns! They're already established, they've made their mark on the business.

WWE have spent the last six to seven years shuffling the belt around the same guys, save for Eddie, Benoit, Batista and Rey. Orton has just come off a run, that's fair enough, Kennedy is ready for a shot, even if it's to transition it over (say back to Orton, keeping HHH out of the picture), over on SD, we have Edge as the champion, unfortunately he has precious little to work with over there with Undertaker temporarily out of the picture, and i don't think anyone wants to see Batista back with the belt. Khali would be worse. But WWE haven't given a crap about SD! for the last five years or so anyway.

The draft needs to be of use this year, and both brands need a major reshuffle. We know HHH won't go to SD unless there's something big in it for him.

Here's what I personally would do
    Cena to SD! - He got his start there, the show is more aimed for kids anyway and would make RAW a lot more watchable.

Batista to RAW - at least that way HHH would be able to drag a half decent match out of him, he's done it before.

Cade to SD! - They've already had him attack HHH on last weeks RAW, so they obviously plan on using him and pushing him, but RAW isn't the place.

Big Show to RAW - He's wasted on SD! has been for years.

Kofi Kingston and Elijah Burke to SD! - They're ECW so he's pretty much SD at any given rate, but they deserve a lot better than the SD leftover show, that is ECW.

Khali and Mizark Hizenry to ECW, and stay there! They are worthless and at least that way they can stink up the ring there with Big Titty V!

Just my two cents worth anyway.
    VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

WWE have spent the last six to seven years shuffling the belt around the same guys, save for Eddie, Benoit, Batista and Rey. Orton has just come off a run, that's fair enough, Kennedy is ready for a shot, even if it's to transition it over (say back to Orton, keeping HHH out of the picture), over on SD, we have Edge as the champion, unfortunately he has precious little to work with over there with Undertaker temporarily out of the picture, and i don't think anyone wants to see Batista back with the belt. Khali would be worse. But WWE haven't given a crap about SD! for the last five years or so anyway.

And yet I've always found Smackdown! more enjoyable. Just shows what they could do if they put a little effort in.

And yet I've always found Smackdown! more enjoyable.

Stopped reading here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I love the way everyone is against another HHH title reign, but want another title reign from those who, quite frankly don't need it. We've had suggestions in the past with Undertaker, HBK, Kane etc, why? Cos they're around the longest? That's exactly why they don't need title reigns! They're already established, they've made their mark on the business.

Personally speaking, I feel that HBK needs and deserves more than 3 title runs to his name

Personally speaking, I feel that HBK needs and deserves more than 3 title runs to his name

At this point in Shawn's career, three more title runs would be nothing more than an egof*ck. And that's something Shawn's long over at this stage.

I do see where you're coming from, in 2002, i would have been all on for it. But six years on, i can't see it doing his career, or the value of either title any good.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

HBK / Y2J WWE title feud would be great

HBK / Y2J WWE title feud would be great

Not after seeing them in a dull storyline together for the last month or so and on the next PPV together

Not after seeing them in a dull storyline together for the last month or so and on the next PPV together

Bit rich coming from an Undertaker fan in fairness. The HBK/Y2J has been the highlight of Raw.

:confused::confused:..Please quote me when I said I am an Undertaker fan..I DESPISE the man...If you search the "I hate thread" you will see that..
    Actually..here is the link
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055176646

• Advertisement

:confused::confused:..Please quote me when I said I am an Undertaker fan..I DESPISE the man...If you search the "I hate thread" you will see that..
    Actually..here is the link
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055176646

I took a look at your username anyway you are still wrong.

Thats just my €0.02..I dont find it exciting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

If it was as a heel it would be intresting. But the face HBK at the moment just bores me to tears.

The HBK/Jericho feud is pretty much the only reason i'm watching RAW. Because the 10 minute HHH/Cena mumblefest that opened RAW was pathetic. And if they give Cena the belt at next weeks PPV, the timer will be taken off for RAW as that will be the final straw in my eyes. Because lets face it, given the storylines, they're not gonna draft the champions again.

The money giveaway isn't going the way Vince had hope either. It's still as boring as hell.
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

At this point in Shawn's career, three more title runs would be nothing more than an egof*ck. And that's something Shawn's long over at this stage.VR!

He didnty say shawn should have three MORE, he said that hbk deserves to have more than three TOTAL!

SEE...

we all know he is entering the end stage of his career, i do think he deserves one more reign!

If i were booking it i'd give Cena back the WWE belt and have it spin again.

I'd make him team with HBK and take the world tag belts. then Y2J could injure HBK and Cena become a one man tag team champion(s). Then he could beat up Jericho for injuring Michaels and take the IC belt in the process. They could re-design the IC and tag belts into spinners, and Cena could put the four spinner belts together and drive to the ring from now on.

• Advertisement

I'd make him team with HBK and take the world tag belts. then Y2J could injure HBK and Cena become a one man tag team champion(s). Then he could beat up Jericho for injuring Michaels and take the IC belt in the process. They could re-design the IC and tag belts into spinners, and Cena could put the four spinner belts together and drive to the ring from now on.

New from Fisher Price: My First Trolling Kit

Trolling would be bashing other people or spamming up with one word replies etc.

I just think that the current discussion in this thread is irrelevant. No one is actually talking about anything. We've went from RAW being 'stale', to the Draft, to HBK/Y2J and now we're on giving Shawn another title reign.

Conversation is just quickly, randomly, flowing through different cycles.

As for the draft, KKV Says: The tag champs are gonna get switched around. Jericho and Punk to SD!. Thats essentially everything major that will happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit while reading that

Trolling would be bashing other people or spamming up with one word replies etc.

Or just making stupid comments looking for a reaction, adding little.
    I just think that the current discussion in this thread is irrelevant. No one is actually talking about anything. We've went from RAW being 'stale', to the Draft, to HBK/Y2J and now we're on giving Shawn another title reign.

Conversation is just quickly, randomly, flowing through different cycles.

Erm yeah right, none of this relates to the current Raw scene. :rolleyes:
    As for the draft, KKV Says: The tag champs are gonna get switched around. Jericho and Punk to SD!. Thats essentially everything major that will happen.

Someone has their finger on the pulse.

Yes rovert, and you've been playing with your one ever since!
    Seriously, you're the first to bitch about trolling, yet you're guilty of it at times yourself.

The scariest thing of all is, you don't actually believe you're doing it, despite half the forum pointing it out to you! :)

Sorry, you've come up with some decent points and discussion, but let's call a spade a spade here yeah?

(and no... i'm not calling you a spade.)
    VR!

• Advertisement

orestes wrote: »
    I just threw up in my mouth a little bit while reading that

I echo that. The last person i want to see with the strap is Cena, for obvious reasons.

VR!

Yes rovert, and you've been playing with your one ever since!
    Seriously, you're the first to bitch about trolling, yet you're guilty of it at times yourself.

The scariest thing of all is, you don't actually believe you're doing it, despite half the forum pointing it out to you! :)

Sorry, you've come up with some decent points and discussion, but let's call a spade a spade here yeah?

(and no... i'm not calling you a spade.)
    VR!

Ive a couple of hundred posts here and THREE posts contained one word responses (which I elaborated on.) Ive never trolled this board.

Sorry but my trolling is alot more advanced than KKV's transparent effort.

Or just making stupid comments looking for a reaction, adding little.

Why would I want a reaction? What reaction would i get from that post anyway?

Erm yeah right, none of this relates to the current Raw scene. :rolleyes:
    Hardly. Saying "Shawn should get the belt cos hes gonna retire soon", "no, he shouldn't, he doesnt need it", etc. isn't really a discussion. Saying "I think it'd probably help RAW if they put the strap on Shawn. Here is why i think that..." is.

Someone has their finger on the pulse.

Not quite catching what you mean there. I haven't read spoilers or anything, so I don't know whats going down. Those are just my guesses based on how predictable I believe RAW, and WWE in general, has been as of late.

Now.. Why not argue that point about the Shawn Michaels argument? He has been having the same match for the last few years.. He is as predictable as they get. Why not give, say... I don't know, Umaga, the strap? Or how about... Kennedy? Wouldn't that be fresh and exciting?

Probably not. Because the minute either of them life the belt in the air the internet will have them.

And my comment was me saying I'd like to see more of Cena on RAW. Unlike others, i don't have time to have a full-time hatred for a wrestler, and I think he offers more good than bad to the show as a whole.

But thats just me.

Why would I want a reaction? What reaction would i get from that post anyway?

Hardly. Saying "Shawn should get the belt cos hes gonna retire soon", "no, he shouldn't, he doesnt need it", etc. isn't really a discussion. Saying "I think it'd probably help RAW if they put the strap on Shawn. Here is why i think that..." is.

Not quite catching what you mean there. I haven't read spoilers or anything, so I don't know whats going down. Those are just my guesses based on how predictable I believe RAW, and WWE in general, has been as of late.

Now.. Why not argue that point about the Shawn Michaels argument? He has been having the same match for the last few years.. He is as predictable as they get. Why not give, say... I don't know, Umaga, the strap? Or how about... Kennedy? Wouldn't that be fresh and exciting?

Probably not. Because the minute either of them life the belt in the air the internet will have them.

And my comment was me saying I'd like to see more of Cena on RAW. Unlike others, i don't have time to have a full-time hatred for a wrestler, and I think he offers more good than bad to the show as a whole.

But thats just me.

I wont feed the troll

Advertisement