Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ended up with joint agents

Options
  • 19-06-2008 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

i had a house for sale with an agent for 2 months. i know estate agents have a bad rep but this guy took the biscuit. played us for fools for the 2 months, didn't advertise the property or even put up a sign.

so we ditched him and got another agent in about 2 weeks ago. 1st agent was fine about this, even said it was probably time somebody else had a shot at selling it (after 2 months!). the 1st agent still has the keys and we're having trouble getting them back.

now the 1st agent calls out of the blue to say he has somebody coming back for another viewing and they are very interested. he has lied to us non-stop since we met him, but i don't see what he has to gain from making this up since we have already switched to another agent. he clearly wanted the house off his books so there must be some truth to this potential buyer? we told him to go ahead with the viewing.

but where do we stand with regards to agent commissions if one of them sells? we appointed the second agent as a sole agent. we didn't sign a contract with either of them, although the second agent did give us a document with terms & conditions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

You should have told the first guy to feck off with his viewer. You have another agent for the house and if the viewer from the first agent bought the house you could leave yourself in a pain-in-the-ass situation with the two agents.

The first guy is obviously a messer - if the viewing hasn't already taken place ring him back and cancel it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

I don't really get this. Surely if someone is now interested in your house, they have probably seen it on Daft so why would they go to the old estate agent rather than contact the estate agent you currently have it with it. Maybe he's lined someone up tp have a look so he can get the property back on his books and an offer will never materialise from the alleged interested party.

Its kind of similar to the estate agents who put a hand written note in every door in our estate saying they had 3 buyers contact them who were interested in a house like ours. There are two houses for sale like ours with different estate agents so why would the potential buyer go to a completely different estate agent and ask them to find them a house instead of just contacting the estate agents who are selling the house? Why? Because its a load of crap!!

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

i did want to tell him to get lost but in this climate viewings are thin on the ground. he's saying he showed this house to the interested couple before but they didn't have mortgage approval. now they do and they're interested. it's hard to believe anything this guy says, but there's no way he just wants it back on his books without an interested party. it's just a 3 bed semi in a suburb and he has plenty on his books. sure i'll let him do the viewing and see what happens. i'll get legal advice if an offer is made.

Advertisement