Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda July Pricing

Options
  • 19-06-2008 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭

Not an awful lot of change compared to pre July.

Best saving is on the Accord 2.2CDTi Executive. I'd say there is a deal to be done on those before the new model comes out. Type S diesel is sold out from what I hear.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Curious as to where you got these prices ROR?

Universal Honda being greedy, or trying to prevent current owners from getting shafted by huge price drops?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

JHMEG wrote: »
    Curious as to where you got these prices ROR?

Universal Honda being greedy, or trying to prevent current owners from getting shafted by huge price drops?

Do you know something I don't, like they shouldn't be publicly available?

Faxed up to me by my Honda dealer on a sheet of headed paper - the sort of list they have up in the showroom.

Hopefully it's trying to prevent current owners getting shafted, having just bought an Accord I hope it will retain it's value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

R.O.R wrote: »
    Not an awful lot of change compared to pre July.

Best saving is on the Accord 2.2CDTi Executive. I'd say there is a deal to be done on those before the new model comes out. Type S diesel is sold out from what I hear.

all the diesel exec accords are sold. few petrol execs left. 1 diesel type s black left.

No, not at all. Just curious. The prices in the spreadsheet for May are not correct either. Some are higher now (all Jazz models), some are lower, eg Accord 2.0 SR.
    R.O.R wrote:
    Hopefully it's trying to prevent current owners getting shafted, having just bought an Accord I hope it will retain it's value.
    Which model?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

Faxed up to me by my Honda dealer on a sheet of headed paper - the sort of list they have up in the showroom.

is your accord petrol or diesel? what year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

No S2000 or Legend listed? Looking at 36% VRT and 2K motor tax on these I reckon they don't want to scare people.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A bit bizzare that the 5dr 1.8 Civic will cost €290 p.a. to tax yet the 3dr 1.8 Civic Type S and 1.8 Civic saloon both will cost €430 p.a. Don't all three varients use the same 1.8 I-VTEC engine so I would image Co2 emmissions would be almost the same?

No, not at all. Just curious. The prices in the spreadsheet for May are not correct either. Some are higher now (all Jazz models), some are lower, eg Accord 2.0 SR.

Original pricing was taken from E92's wonderful spreadsheets (thank you once again), so I take no responsibilty :D

Which model?
    what_car wrote: »
    is your accord petrol or diesel? what year?

I'm guessing you don't have signatures turned on - my car is generally the top of my "This week I have mainly been driving...." list.

2005 Accord 2.0i VTEC Sport

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

bazz26 wrote: »
    A bit bizzare that the 5dr 1.8 Civic will cost €290 p.a. to tax yet the 3dr 1.8 Civic Type S and 1.8 Civic saloon both will cost €430 p.a. Don't all three varients use the same 1.8 I-VTEC engine so I would image Co2 emmissions would be almost the same?

Doesn't the 3dr Type S use a shorter ratio gear box? Might stuff it in the tests.

Also the saloon probably have a different setup that just pushes it in €430 bracket.

jayok wrote: »
    No S2000 or Legend listed? Looking at 36% VRT and 2K motor tax on these I reckon they don't want to scare people.

Not sure if Universal Honda just aren't bringing them in, or if my dealer didn't bother with them on his list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Given the list is from a dealer I presume it includes delivery.
    Current Accord diesel Exec list = 38665
    Metallic = 455
    Delivery = 1000 (say)
    Total current OTR price inc. metallic = 40120.

Yet this dealer is trying to say it's 42680? What gives? Which dealer is it? I dealt with a Honda dealer in Cork a few months ago and their prices were pure fiction.

edit~: OK - now I see original list price is from E92's sheet. 'July prices' still seem.....high though.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

No sign of the 2.2 i-CDTi Civic either.

I don't think Honda are really interested in the Irish market to be honest. They seem to meet their predicted market share and settle for that.

I'm guessing you don't have signatures turned on
    I actually do.. I presumed you drove a different car every week and therefore you don't own the ones in your sig. Maybe the sig should read "This week I own a ...." ;)
    bazz26 wrote:
    A bit bizzare that the 5dr 1.8 Civic will cost €290 p.a. to tax yet the 3dr 1.8 Civic Type S and 1.8 Civic saloon both will cost €430 p.a.
    4 door is bigger and heavier. Jayok is prob right about the S.
    bazz26 wrote:
    Give it a chance. Universal Honda only get what they're allocated. The diesel engine is in short supply.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

not sure this is going to work out for honda, with this pricing you can buy a Mercedes, Audi, BMW or Lexus for the same price as an Accord. They'll sell next to none imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

bazz26 wrote: »

I don't think Honda are really interested in the Irish market to be honest. They seem to meet their predicted market share and settle for that.

Unfortunately not. I've being saying that for years.

copacetic wrote: »
    not sure this is going to work out for honda, with this pricing you can buy a Mercedes, Audi, BMW or Lexus for the same price as an Accord. They'll sell next to none imo.

Just done some quick workings for ownership costs over 3yrs, 60,000 miles.

A 318d ES Edition would be cheaper to own and run than the Accord 2.2Cdti Executive, but the SE Edition model works out a bit more expensive.

Considering the new Accord model is very close, it doesn't look like there will be many shifting. Not a problem if what what_car said about availability is true, but I got completley the opposite impression off my dealer.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Just done some quick workings for ownership costs over 3yrs, 60,000 miles.

A 318d ES Edition would be cheaper to own and run than the Accord 2.2Cdti Executive, but the SE Edition model works out a bit more expensive.

Considering the new Accord model is very close, it doesn't look like there will be many shifting. Not a problem if what what_car said about availability is true, but I got completley the opposite impression off my dealer.

well by all accounts with the new model pricing in the UK has been raised to 'premium' levels. It seems thats were Honda see themselves and possibly this is the start of same strategy here. Most of the reviews seem to be doubtful on the pricing strategy though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Hmmm, somebody can't do Maths, and that somebody is Honda Ireland.

No i-CTDi Civic is obviously a serious omission. Even Subaru thinks Ireland is important enough to bring in a diesel engine, and btw the Boxer diesel starts from under €30k in the Legacy saloon.

You'd swear that Universal Honda actually don't want to sell cars in Ireland, cause if they did they would have a diesel Civic, and would be selling their cars for less.

I mean the Accord diesel is now at BMW 3 series and even Merc C-class prices at this stage. I wouldn't mind but Honda are one of the better brands out there for lower CO2 emissions. The only thing though that is odd about post July prices is of course they are including metallic paint which bumps up the price and makes the reductions less dramatic than they actually should be. Nevertheless Honda Ireland can't do Maths.

EDIT: below is the ex works prices for Honda from July, with pre July comparisons as well - their Maths actually ain't so bad after all:)!

Here is the official Honda price list, before things like metallic paint.

Much better looking than the one by R.O.R - which is good to see:)!

Wow, every car except the CTR and the automatic petrol Accord drops in price.

They've absorbed the increase on a lot including the Legend. Wonder what of the S2000...

Civic Hybrid comes down to €26,200, or the guts of 6k, making it the cheapest 4-door saloon Civic.:)

• Advertisement

The Civic hybrid was €28,750 thanks to the 50% VRT reduction. It's now €26,200 including the €2,500 VRT rebate.

JHMEG can you not add:)?

That's another way to look at it.

Either way, with Ireland's perference for conservative saloons, I think we might have the car that would outsell the diesel hatchback in Ireland if it were available. Altho, supplies of the Hybrid are tight too.

:o

I'm guessing the difference between my prices from the dealer and the official one from Universal Honda are delivery, metallic and (by the looks of things) a few quid from the dealer.

I'm not naming which dealer sent me the shoddy pricing, but enquiries will be made today about the differences - I'm the last person they should be trying to rip off :mad:

I'm not naming which dealer sent me the shoddy pricing, but enquiries will be made today about the differences - I'm the last person they should be trying to rip off :mad:

Try a different dealer, just to see what they say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭legalbird12

E92 wrote: »
    Here is the official Honda price list, before things like metallic paint.

Much better looking than the one by R.O.R - which is good to see:)!

R.O.R - Even the model names on your price list are incorrect. This new price list seems more realistic. Obviously Honda Ireland do not want to shoot themselves in the foot by relieasing ridiculous prices. With regard to the Civic diesel, its only a matter of time before its launched here.

Advertisement