Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Boot unlock 08 Golf GT

Options
  • 19-06-2008 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

My GF got a Golf GT last week. When she picked it up the guy in the garage told her that the boot unlock button on the key does not work and that it does not work on any of the volkswagen range. Is this the case?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

bonham23 wrote: »
    Is this the case?

Nope, but you do have to hold the button rather than a quick press as you do for the lock/unlock button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭bonham23

so just to clarify...does the button only unlock the boot or should it open it too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭blackbox

It definitely works on a passat B6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,404 ✭✭✭fletch

Press and hold to unlock the boot

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

It just unlocks the boot... you still have to press the handle/boot badge to open it. I know that the latest Passat, the boot actually opens up for you too... kinda cool.
    Beware of using that button on the key though... I've heard it happen a lot that the owner opens the boot with the keyfob and leaves the keys inside the boot while taking stuff in/out... and then shuts the boot with keys inside - car locked!

Advertisement