Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has your life been influenced by a pop song?

Options
  • 19-06-2008 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Some peole believe our lives are profoundly influenced by whatever pop song was number one on the day we were born.

Here are some examples of songs that were No.1 on the day they were born using ‘Birthday No.1’ on www.thisdayinmusic.com

On the day Heather Mills was born Hello Goodbye by The Beatles was at No.1 in the UK.

Diana, Princess of Wales - Runaway by Del Shannon
    Amy Winehouse – Red Red Wine by UB40
    Pete Doherty – Tragedy by The Bee Gees
    Kate Moss - You Won't Find Another Fool Like Me - The New Seekers
    Carla Bruni - Let The Heartaches Begin - Long John Baldry
    Paris Hilton – Shaddap You Face - Joe Dolce

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I would say this DJ's life (or his career) was influenced by a pop song anyway...

http://mp3space.com/stream.php?id=83371

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

This day in music 1969, the first of a three day Festival in Newport, California, featuring: Ike And Tina Turner, Marvin Gaye, Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Byrds, The Rascals, Steppenwolf, the Jimi Hendrix Experience, Janis Joplin, Johnny Winter, Eric Burdon and Love. A three day ticket cost $15 (£8.80).

:cool:I need a time machine

Lol at the amy winehouse/pete doherty ones!

So number 1 in the UK the day I was born was Easy Lover - Philip Bailey and Phil Collins and One More Night - Phil Collins:confused:

I refuse to say if these profoundly influenced my life:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Number 1 when I was born was Wham's "I'm Your Man"...
    Don't really know what to make of that.
    kerash wrote:
    This day in music 1969, the first of a three day Festival in Newport, California, featuring: Ike And Tina Turner, Marvin Gaye, Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Byrds, The Rascals, Steppenwolf, the Jimi Hendrix Experience, Janis Joplin, Johnny Winter, Eric Burdon and Love. A three day ticket cost $15 (£8.80).

I need a time machine
    Amen.

Advertisement