Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toll on Fermoy By-Pass

Options
  • 19-06-2008 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

I was sitting in a coffee shop in Fermoy last week. The amount of large trucks passing through the town centre is phenomenal. I know hauliers are under cost pressures from increasing fuel charges & now tolls however I think the people & businesses of Fermoy are being short-changed.

Opinions / solutions?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

send the boys out to the weigh station for a month solid and weigh everything!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

The Fermoy Bypass continues to be quite quiet on a daily basis. Does anyone know if the majority of hauliers are still boycotting the toll? I think I've noticed more trucks on it over the past few months; could this have something to do with the drop in fuel prices?

In addition, do people believe that traffic volumes on the bypass will increase once the Mitchelstown to Fermoy scheme opens?

It really is beyond me why, when so few trucks are using the bypass, Direct Route doesn't drop its rates. It must be losing a fortune as things stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

ancient thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement