Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Top Gears back!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

+1

+2

Thank Christ for women. Saw most of it in my GFs house, including the cringeworthy Star in a Reasonably Priced car, which was even worse than usual it must be said.

The police car challenge had me in stitches though, especially the hamster's Vitara:D!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    Yes, should be good. I have to say that the star in a reasonably price car bit bores me to tears. Its like a personal add break for me. :(
    Agreed. Although there have been a couple of good "interviews". Rich Hall was fantastic a few years ago and I like Michael Gambon's interview as well. Apart from that its usually the low point of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Had anyone even heard of those idiots before??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Kristin Scott Thomas' interview was good too(and no I don't find her attractive).

There have been some brilliant ones, like that, Ellen Mc Arthur and Simon Cowell but most of the time it sucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

I always use it as a pee break to be honest :)

Thank god for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Jee-ZUS! All the negativity about 'Star in RPC':rolleyes:...

It's not that bad!

Clarkson is an old pro in the interview segment and it's all very tongue-in-cheek. Adds variety to the show - it'd be all very boring if it was a constent diet of Jeremy on a test-track shouting 'POWWWER!'...

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Try1ng

I havn't laughed so much in a long time when clarkson rammed the stig and wheel came off - brilliant stuff:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Try1ng wrote: »
    I havn't laughed so much in a long time when clarkson rammed the stig and wheel came off - brilliant stuff:D

+ 1 LOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Anyone got a link so i can watch it online??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The police cars bit was hilarious, especially James May's siren :D

Re the guests - I've seen JLC before and think he's a funny bastard. I've no idea who the ultra camp gay bloke was though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭mthd

Anyone got a link so i can watch it online??

MODEDIT

Link removed because of possible copyright issues

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

mthd wrote: »
    **** quality but
    LINK REMOVED

yay my hero :)

I'll remember to plug the TV in next time so the Sky+ can work it's magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Stephen wrote: »
    The police cars bit was hilarious, especially James May's siren :D

Re the guests - I've seen JLC before and think he's a funny bastard. I've no idea who the ultra camp gay bloke was though.

They do a show together!! The Whatever Night Project on Channel 4 (was Friday, think they said it's now Sunday in the interview). I've seen his stand-up DVD and he's a funny bastard too.

The police car segment was hilarious, all right!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

I have been a fan of Top Gear for years and have always liked the "new" formula........but.....it's becoming a bit stale now and I was hoping they would come up with some new stuff for this series.

The "Star in a car" segment can be entertaining (depending on the guest.....Yeah, Rich Hall is a legend) but it is dangerously close to becoming a bit of airtime for f**kwit "celebs" to plug their new record, TV show, aftershave or whatever.

I like Clarkson but jeez.....give us a break.....the show might as well be renamed "Jeremy Clarkson kisses Ferrari's A*se for an hour"

IMO a greater variety of cars should be on the show and Hammond & May getting more time on their own reviews......they are both much more entertaining than Clarkson.

Let's hope they do better with the rest of the series.....I love the challenges/races they have against each other so more of them please.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Thread now closed

*points to Top Gear Forum *

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement