Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Suspension, Induction (Parts in General)

Options
  • 19-06-2008 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

I have a question about suspension kits and induction kits

I want to get and induction (with battery relocation kit for my evo5). I Ideally would rather buy the parts new but would be open to buying 2nd hand.

I know exactly what I want (HKS super suction, Cusco induction pipe kit) but what I don't know is where I can get it? does anyone know of any good shops etc to buy these parts? I would rather not buy online as these parts come from Japan and im worried they could get damaged en route.

I also have a query about suspension kits.

There are loads of brands out there and loads of types of kits
    I basically want a set of coilovers with top mounts. Some of the upper end kits are Very expensive

IE TEIN, Ohlins etc, are they really that better? or are you paying for a badge?

Pro parts do a White-line suspension from in and around 1000 euro but are these any good? they guy told me and if I wanted the equivilent Tein suspension I would pay 1600 euro. I just havnt a breeze! :confused:

Any info anyone has would be very helpful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mick-skyline

whiteline are a very good brand mate, and richie and eddie in pro parts know thier stuff, but imo a little expensive ;), personally i would buy online but not from nengun, get yourself onto mlr http://www.lancerregister.com/ and source the parts from members and traders on the site, any trader on a decent site will look after you and ensure they are packaged properly as not to get damaged. best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Are nengun bad to deal with?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mick-skyline

zero19 wrote: »
    Are nengun bad to deal with?
    no mate not bad to deal with just a few items can takes ages to be delivered, i just got a short shifter and braided clutch line from them in 2 weeks but i know people who were waiting for up to ten weeks for other bits....

Advertisement