Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Spin 21st June

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Sorry for your loss kenmc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Cadex

Sorry about your loss Ken.

Folks, I won't be out this weekend, will be working on getting the bike/ cleats/ knee sorted. The advice is that I need to give it a week and that it was probably the cleats alright. I have to keep adjusting until it stops causing problems. Hope your knees are feeling better too Ken.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Most likely, depending on alcohol intake of the previous night i should be with you guys. Last day of work so its going to be a bit rough.

A mate should be with me but his lung has collapsed so ill but him down as a maybe.

ttyl

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Thanks for all the condolences.

Tomorrow - Overcast with heavy rain developing. Close and humid...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Tomorrow - Overcast with heavy rain developing. Close and humid...

Not a day for the white shorts so.

bike-rain-roof1.jpg
    Or this ... would be appropriate also ,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Out for a few pints tonight, so if I wake up I'll be there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Hey which way do ye head out from Dundrum? Thinking of heading along one of these weekends and cycling back to Newbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭RtD

I'll see what sort of mood I'm in in the morning and might be there to join you guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Right, too darn wet for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭RtD

Agreed, I'm trying to fight the onslaught of a cold so don't think I'd be doing myself any favours going out today.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Jesus it is all right- anyone else heading out anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

blorg wrote: »
    Jesus it is all right- anyone else heading out anyway?

Yup :) I'm a glutton for punishment me, besides it's only a spot of rain :)

Too wet for me too ... :( gotta study for next week's resit so I can't even go back to bed. There's always tomorrow for a spin I guess ...

Doh! Getting used to boards mobilePosted via Mobile Device

i'm going to join the other hardened cyclists in wussing out. Will spend the morning tinkering with my new fixie indoors instead

met.ie wrote:
    Dry and fairly bright across northern counties this morning, however rain elsewhere will continue to spread northwards during the day. The rain will be heavy and persistent at times in Munster and Leinster, with a risk of localised flooding. However a clearance to brighter and more showery conditions will develop in the south and southeast towards evening, with some late sunshine possible. Moderate to fresh, easterly winds will slowly veer southeast to south. Highest temperatures 13 to 17 degrees, coolest in the north and northeast
    Doesn't sound too good to me- I think I'll wait for Sunday:
    met.ie wrote:
    Sunday will see rain clear to showers, with some bright or sunny spells. ... with strong southwesterly winds persisting.

It's only a bit o water for goodness sake, you'd swear you were at risk of drowning :D

Cyclists are sensitive flowers- have you ever seen them fight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Bambaata

miserable morning! No chance i was heading out in that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

I wussed out on account of a self inflicted whopper hangover...will I ever learn:confused:

Then I looked out the window, and wussed a little more.:o

We only lasted a hour...was a dirty, dirty day alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

fair play to ye's, who went ?
    i didnt wuss out just had to be somewhere else, i actually like training in the rain.
    weirdo i know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

We only lasted a hour...was a dirty, dirty day alright!

And doesn't seem to be getting any better. Good day to stay home with a box set of 'The Wire' season 3 and a brew of tea...:)

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

BUACHAILL wrote: »
    i didnt wuss out just had to be somewhere else, i actually like training in the rain.
    weirdo i know

don't mind the rain myself, but am out on the enniskerry road myself and there are massive puddles all along the road which wouldn't be too pleasant to cycle through or get splashed by. Not really a day for any outdoor activity. Bloody summer, thought we were off to a great start, but this is starting to look like last year, a great May and a rotten June, July and August.

BUACHAILL wrote: »
    weirdo i know
    Ah yeah ... I know what you mean, I was the only one who turned up and trained 2 hours in the Phoenix park last tuesday from my tuesdays training group. When you are already out there, it's not the end of the world, but I wouln'd decide to head out knowning it's going to pour all day ... sometimes a run at the gym is the best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭sooty11

well fair play for heading out this morning! im sitting at the window at home in killarney looking out at lashing rain for past few hours...hoping it will clear some bit so i can do my cycle to valentia island...why couldnt the weather man be wrong for once in his life!!!

It was a lurker, Brendan that came out today. Unfortunately, we headed back after about 30 mins, and as we got back to town the rain had eased, but now it's back with a vengeance I think the decision was right -only problem is it means I want to stay in and not head up to Drogheda today like I have to!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 RedTea

'twas me...and i confirm it was wet. Fingerscrossed for decent weather next weekend....

Advertisement