Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Spin 21st June

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Sorry guys. Woke up a bit late, saw the rain bucketing down and given the fact I've been sick I didn't want to risk giving myself pneumonia.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Well done with that sooty, hope we have better weather for the ROK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

sooty11 wrote: »
    well i did it yesterday! left killarney at 3pm when the weather cleared up a bit and arrived at valentia at 630pm. had 3 pit stops along the way. got hit with a massive down pour outside kilorglin. got drenched. its the longest cycle ive done, found it tough after glenbeigh. was fit to give up shortly before cahersiveen. took a break there for 20 mins. and headed of again feeling fairly fresh. was delighted to see 3 hours exacly on my cateye for 65kms. ive still a lot more work to do for the ROK though!!!
    3 and a half hours is very impressive for that route - you must have been flying along and Saturday was a miserable day.
    Were you tempted to take the shortcut across to Knightstown via the ferry? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

sooty11 wrote: »
    well i did it yesterday! left killarney at 3pm when the weather cleared up a bit and arrived at valentia at 630pm. !
    Amazing!! Congrats to you and your new bike :)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭sooty11

DeepBlue wrote: »
    3 and a half hours is very impressive for that route - you must have been flying along and Saturday was a miserable day.
    Were you tempted to take the shortcut across to Knightstown via the ferry? ;)

i did take the ferry! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭sooty11

blorg wrote: »
    Well done with that sooty, hope we have better weather for the ROK.

i hope so too! there was unreal headwind after mountain stage

Advertisement