Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish football this weekend + (20-24/06/08)

• 19-06-2008 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

Never mind the pixels and beer. Here's some real action this weekend and beyond
    Intertoto Cup
    21 June 2008 Bohemians 7:00 Rhyl FC Dalymount Park
    Make up for the guilt hangover following the Lisbon vote by coming to support an Irish team in European football at Dalyer.
    eL Premier Div.
    20 Jun 2008 Cork City 7:45 Cobh Ramblers Turner's Cross
    20 Jun 2008 Drogheda United 7:45 Derry City United Park
    20 Jun 2008 St Patrick's Athletic 7:45 Bray Wanderers Richmond Park
    20 Jun 2008 Shamrock Rovers 8:00 Galway United Tolka Park
    21 Jun 2008 Sligo Rovers 8:00 UCD The Showgrounds
    24 Jun 2008 Finn Harps 8:00 Bohemians :cool: Finn Park

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

SectionF wrote: »
    20 Jun 2008 Shamrock Rovers 8:00 Galway United Tolka Park

Must-win for Rovers, even if the phrase has been overused in the last month or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

20 Jun 2008 Cork City 7:45 Cobh Ramblers Turner's Cross Cork - but a tight one.
    20 Jun 2008 Drogheda United 7:45 Derry City United Park Drogs
    20 Jun 2008 St Patrick's Athletic 7:45 Bray Wanderers Richmond Park Pats
    20 Jun 2008 Shamrock Rovers 8:00 Galway United Tolka Park Rovers
    21 Jun 2008 Sligo Rovers 8:00 UCD The Showgrounds Sligs
    24 Jun 2008 Finn Harps 8:00 Bohemians Finn Park Draw

stovelid wrote: »
    Must-win for Rovers, even if the phrase has been overused in the last month or two.

The very fact that we are even saying that is worrying. Wins in the next three games should lift us right back into the European mix.

The very fact that we are even saying that is worrying.

Scully out? :D

Meant must-win as we should be taking three points from the bottom team at home.
    Wins in the next three games should lift us right back into the European mix.

Agreed. Espeically as three of the next four games are against the teams below us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

20 Jun 2008 Cork City 7:45 Cobh Ramblers Turner's Cross city 3-0
    20 Jun 2008 Drogheda United 7:45 Derry City United Park draw 1-1
    20 Jun 2008 St Patrick's Athletic 7:45 Bray Wanderers Richmond Park pats 3-1
    20 Jun 2008 Shamrock Rovers 8:00 Galway United Tolka Park shams 2-0
    21 Jun 2008 Sligo Rovers 8:00 UCD The Showgrounds rovers 1-0
    24 Jun 2008 Finn Harps 8:00 Bohemians Finn Park draw 1-1

if we don't beat ramblers comfortably i'll be disgusted. if we lose there'll be a riot. either way, entertainment guaranteed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Roar wrote: »
    24 Jun 2008 Finn Harps 8:00 Bohemians Finn Park draw 1-1
    Could happen I suppose, especially with our European hangover. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Could happen I suppose, especially with our European hangover. :p

that's what i was thinking!

you going to rhyl for the return leg? my dad lives about a half an hour from there, it's a complete dump.

although tbh, it will make Phibsoro look positively cosmopolitan by comparison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Cork City 5-0 Cobh

Great win tonight and should have been more by all accounts. Roy Keane was watching.

Drogheda lost to Derry. Is that them finished for the title?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Gwan Wahurfor

Roar wrote: »
    that's what i was thinking!

you going to rhyl for the return leg? my dad lives about a half an hour from there, it's a complete dump.

although tbh, it will make Phibsoro look positively cosmopolitan by comparison
    You mean Phibsborough, don't you? How does it compare with Cork, like?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Nothing compares well with Cork. Great place!

easy win for City last night. Ramblers are rubbish. Really really poor. That Dub Mooney was top class last night, as was John O Flynn. Piss poor crowd though of less than 4000. Ramblers brought only 200ish! Ill be glad to see the back of them from the premier when they finish rock bottom.

Mathews out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Longford Town 2 - Shelbourne 0

Nicely nicely :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Bohs 5-1 Rhyll, 1-0 down at ht, looked like the players couldnt care less, mustve got a bolloking at half time, hammered them.

bohsman wrote: »
    Bohs 5-1 Rhyll, 1-0 down at ht, looked like the players couldnt care less, mustve got a bolloking at half time, hammered them.
    A record in Europe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

A record in Europe?
    For what? Goals scored?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,849 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Bit of a scare for Bohs goin 1 down but recovered well. Nice to see Pats drew too!
    gimmick wrote: »
    Nothing compares well with Cork. Great place!

Cork Cork Cork Cork Cork

For what? Goals scored?
    For goals scored/winning margin by an Irish team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Longford Town 2 - 0 Shelbourne!!

Great stuff amid the thunder and lightening in Flancare last night:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

kerash wrote: »
    Longford Town 2 - 0 Shelbourne!!

Great stuff amid the thunder and lightening in Flancare last night:D

How we lost and how there wasn't another bucket load of goals scored I'll never know. Very sloppy match with Shels hitting the post twice.

As for the stewards, wouldn't let about 5 medium size flags because they were on plumbing pipes but they let in the huge tifo one.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Dont talk to me about our stewards. Excelled themselves last night letting the shels fans move ends knowing there would be hassle around where the lads from section o were standing. The idea of an away fans section is to stop **** like that. Some right little beered up twats masquerading as shels fans as well. They wee good for a laugh. Not so good for flinging full bottles at players however...

They stop us as well with flags, I remember one game where huge effort went into making a few flags and banners and they wouldnt let them in... It isnt just away fans they piss off.

• Advertisement

yes Gav, I reckon it shoulda been 5-0 :p didn't see the bottles thrown, did however notice the shels fan's on the move at ht! the stewarding situation is a bit of a disaster it has to be said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

For goals scored/winning margin by an Irish team.
    Goals scored maybe (did Rovers not get 6 at some stage 40 odd years ago (could be off my rocker here!)), winning margin equals Shels 4-0 over Vetra in the intertoto a few years back (does it really count as a European competition? :D;)).

Dont talk to me about our stewards. Excelled themselves last night letting the shels fans move ends knowing there would be hassle around where the lads from section o were standing. The idea of an away fans section is to stop **** like that. Some right little beered up twats masquerading as shels fans as well. They wee good for a laugh. Not so good for flinging full bottles at players however...

They stop us as well with flags, I remember one game where huge effort went into making a few flags and banners and they wouldnt let them in... It isnt just away fans they piss off.

Well in all fairness they were letting fans roam freely around the stadium sure half the stand was Shels fans. As for the away section, I paid in at the only turn stiles in the stadium, therefore I can go were I want in the stadium as if they want to divide supporters they have to do it properly.

As for the beered up twats, they were our famous "youths" most of them haven't been at an away game all season, they were involved with the bottle throwing the muppets.

Really you should talk to your board about that, like have it cleared that at leats home supporters who stand in Section O can bring flags and stuff, tis a feckin' joke they don't allow you's.

kerash wrote: »
    did however notice the shels fan's on the move at ht!

We usually do that were possible, stand at the end whcih we're defending. Usually we stand in the middle but the Longford fans were there.

We usually do that were possible, stand at the end whcih we're defending. Usually we stand in the middle but the Longford fans were there.

Ye had no hope of residing in section o anyway! Stewards are suppose to prevent fans from inciting (or enticing as ronnie whelan would say) anyhow, you know yourself these things can cause trouble.

0-2 to Bohs (making it nine wins in a row, I'm told) and five points clear.

The silence has been deafening :D

Don't know what to make of Bohs.

Seen them against Bray and they were very lucky to get a 1-1 that night. Good against Cork but outplayed again by Sligo this time.

Don't see that midfield winning a league in the long term.

Its a strange one alright, Turner hasnt worked out as the attacking option hes supposed to be so we have Hunt, O'Donnell Cronin and Rossiter, all good defensive midfielders but would love to have someone like George O'Callaghan or Keith Fahey in there.

See Cork City have been granted permission to speak to Derek O'Brien of Galway.

Would be a great signing for us and would sort out the square pegs and round holes problem in Cork.

• Advertisement

Its a strange one alright, Turner hasnt worked out as the attacking option hes supposed to be so we have Hunt, O'Donnell Cronin and Rossiter, all good defensive midfielders but would love to have someone like George O'Callaghan or Keith Fahey in there.

or Stephen Rice..... :D:D:D

or Stephen Rice..... :D:D:D

:)

Maybe PF could have another word at the next Ireland meet up?

stovelid wrote: »
    :)

Maybe PF could have another word at the next Ireland meet up?

Pat Fenlon tapping up Rovers players while on Irish duty? I will not hear it said. An outrageous allegation. :D

Whatever way this falls, there no way Ricer will be wearing black and tan.

Really dont want Rice, Id put him as 5/6th choice centre mid, 3rd choice right back. We need a good right winger, we're fine everywhere else.

Really dont want Rice, Id put him as 5/6th choice centre mid, 3rd choice right back. We need a good right winger, we're fine everywhere else.

so why tap him up? ;)

if he is sold, and that remains to be seen, there is no way he is off to D7.

I like Ricer. Much underrated due to being played out of position at right back, always gave 100% in red and black, and was offloaded by Connor just as he came good.

I always thought Scully had something as a manager but this decision, on top of the ease with which he falls out with players, raises questions about his judgement.

• Advertisement

if he is sold, and that remains to be seen, there is no way he is off to D7.

Another Ger Rowe, sitting on the bench at Rovers being paid until he wants to leave.

Advertisement