Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unacceptable age to wear stuff?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Abigayle wrote: »
    You are wearing the wrong size then. A bra should be comfortable and supportive. When you are wearing the correct size, you shouldn't really feel it. Bras should not be instruments of torture.

Indeed, I was always lead to believe that when they bounce it's uncomfortable, to the point that in spite of being male my thought when noticing a woman with a bouncing pair is not "ooh, sexy", it's "god that must be uncomfortable, why doesn't she wear a better bra!?!".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

The poem quoted on the first page is one of my favourite ever, my mother always insists she'll be just like that and I love the idea of it. I want to be that old woman that we all take a second glance at and think, "WTF is she wearing?", I secretly praise all the 60+ I've seen in their leopard print haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 dollydd

Oryx wrote: »
    Gee. I cant wear a short skirt now. Damn. Never had the legs for it anyway but terrible to be too old now.

When I am an old woman, I shall wear purple
    with a red hat that doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
    And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
    and satin candles, and say we've no money for butter.
    I shall sit down on the pavement when I am tired
    and gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
    and run my stick along the public railings
    and make up for the sobriety of my youth.
    I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
    and pick the flowers in other people's gardens
    and learn to spit.
    You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat
    and eat three pounds of sausages at a go
    or only bread and pickles for a week
    and hoard pens and pencils and beer nuts and things in boxes.
    But now we must have clothes that keep us dry
    and pay our rent and not swear in the street
    and set a good example for the children.
    We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.
    But maybe I ought to practice a little now?
    So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised

When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.

What a cool poem. Can I enquire where you got it? Quit the bickering everyone and read this poem again..........

Advertisement