Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Taxi from train station to airport?

Options
  • 19-06-2008 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

Hi.Anyone can tell me how much cost taxi from train station(I think it is Connolly Station) to airport?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Roughly 20-25ish

-Funk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

ask the taxi driver as well when you get in .. if you get stuck in traffic you'll pay more ... and you'll get the odd ***** who'll go a long route and charge you

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

So the best way is use the bus(747 or something).Ill have about 3 hours to my plane so its enought.Thanks for help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Stroll across to Busaras and get the bus. Possibly it's the 747 but it's painted green so easy to spot. Ask the staff if you're not sure

Costs around €7-€8

I assume you're getting the train from Sligo so it'll be Connolly Station you arrive into and Busaras is only about 200 metres away

Yes it'll from Sligo.200 metres its not too far so Ill the bus(can You tell me how get to the busaras?)

Thx once again for help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Exit connolly - see the LUAS lines (they wont have any trams running on em at the mo, but you'll see them.

Follow them around the corner. You'll be at busaras. Not sure it is even 200 metres like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

Out of the station. cross at traffic lights turn left(AMIEN ST) WALK FOR ABOUT ONE/TWO MINS , BIG GLASS BUILDING(UGLY) there it is.Inside get a ticket. travel time to airport app25/35 mins depending on the time of day. hope that helps.

Yes,thats help me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

devil-80 wrote: »
    Yes it'll from Sligo.200 metres its not too far so Ill the bus(can You tell me how get to the busaras?)

Thx once again for help.

Look here
    Basically the train will drop you in Connolly, walk through the ticket barriers towards the main exit, follow signs for the LUAS (I assume there are signs if not just keep walking straight), go down the escalator/stairs, walk the length of the LUAS platform. Busaras is the big ugly building diagonally across from you. Just cross the road to get to it (I believe there are pedestrian lights on the route I have marked). The entrance is where I have marked it in the above map or I think there is another at the back of the building that you will walk past if you follow that route.

EDIT:
    Oh actually even easier just follow the LUAS tracks more or less

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

Its 6 Euro for the bus out FYI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

The 748 (from Heuston) also operates via Busaras.

OP - if you are on a tight budget you could walk another few meters to Lower Abbey Street and get the no. 41 to Swords (via Airport).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

devil-80 wrote: »
    can You tell me how get to the busaras?
    I would recommend a map going forward and a liking not to be spoon fed.

Google maps perhaps. It's pretty definitive.

Ill take 748 or 747 which one drives To and From Dublin Airport.
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?route=747

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

Bluetonic wrote: »
    I would recommend a map going forward and a liking not to be spoon fed. Google maps perhaps. It's pretty definitive.

That's pretty rude. If you don't want to help, don't reply.

OP, if your train stops at Drumcondra (I'm not sure, it might only be suburbans that do), you could get the Aircoach from outside the door of the station.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Bluetonic wrote: »
    I would recommend a map going forward and a liking not to be spoon fed.

Google maps perhaps. It's pretty definitive.
    Not everyone is as nerdy minded as each other, be nice

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

English is not everyone's first language.
    OP, if you ask anyone in uniform at the station they will tell you.

If you are standing outside Connolly station, Busaras is across the road and about 100m to the left.
    Stacja autobusu jest z drugiej strony drogi, po lewej stroniej (or something like that).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 alex07

The 41 is only €2! It goese from lower abbey street, really only a tiny bit further than Busaras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭dubman25

a taxi would cost you about 15euro but watch the driver doesnt try take you the long route "as these are the people who always cry that they dont earn enough" and will want to get the most from you.you should get the bus in town and its just as handy with a great service also;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭Trampas

I would have said fly from Sligo to Dublin.

Can't be much dearer than the train

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

dubman25 wrote: »
    "as these are the people who always cry that they dont earn enough"

Who are you qouting there?.

• Advertisement
Advertisement