Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blow hairdressers ate my coat

Options
  • 19-06-2008 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

A month ago, I went to Blow hairdressers on Baggot street, they gave my coat to someone else so I had none when I left. After a few days of calls and a threat of being on air from Joe Duffy show! etc, they said they would send me a cheque. Here we are almost 4 weeks later, and nothing. They won't even call me back now. I've emailed Joe Duffy but really I am thinking small claims court would be so much better.... So angry, its only 60 euro ffs! :mad::mad:

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

I have had similar problems with them. I definately think the small claims court is the way to go tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Inevitably

I'm looking up how to go about it now, really would love to go on Liveline, just to embarrass 'yer wan' cos she's so obnoxious and unhelpful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Inevitably wrote: »
    A month ago, I went to Blow hairdressers on Baggot street, they gave my coat to someone else so I had none when I left. After a few days of calls and a threat of being on air from Joe Duffy show! etc, they said they would send me a cheque. Here we are almost 4 weeks later, and nothing. They won't even call me back now. I've emailed Joe Duffy but really I am thinking small claims court would be so much better.... So angry, its only 60 euro ffs! :mad::mad:

Er, here's an idea.

Why don't you go back into the shop and ask for it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

irishbird wrote: »
    I have had similar problems with them. I definately think the small claims court is the way to go tbh.

+1 to that. Who'd give a toss about you contacting Joe Duffy?

Even if my back wasn't severely up at this stage, its just such a basic problem and so easy to fix.... its so insulting that they haven't sorted it out for me :mad:

• Advertisement

DesF wrote: »
    Er, here's an idea.

Why don't you go back into the shop and ask for it?

Here's an idea - You go back for me! its no where near my work or house; anyway, thats hardly the point, she said she would send a cheque

+1 to that. Who'd give a toss about you contacting Joe Duffy?

Small claims here I come!

Here's an idea - You go back for me! its no where near my work or house; anyway, thats hardly the point, she said she would send a cheque

Go in the next time you need a haircut, then just tell them you aren't paying at the end of it.

Go in the next time you need a haircut, then just tell them you aren't paying at the end of it.

I like it! except of course I could end up with a kitkat shaved into the back of my head or something if they realise who it is! :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I like it! except of course I could end up with a kitkat shaved into the back of my head or something if they realise who it is! :D

doubtful, go in get something worth 60e done and then say your not paying in exchange for them loosing your coat, sorted :)

• Advertisement

Cabaal wrote: »
    doubtful, go in get something worth 60e done and then day your not paying in exchange for them loosing your coat, sorted :)

This is actually a good idea, what could they do ...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

Use a different name - get top stylist, highlights and cut done and say thanks very much, that makes us even.. treat yourself! ;)

This is actually a good idea, what could they do ...:rolleyes:

they completely destroyed my hair. i only went in for a wash and blow dry. i went nuts in the shop and refused to pay. the girls were too busy talking about how drunk they were in Leeson Street the night before and how they didnt get home until 5am to listen to me.

When i refused to pay this massively fat one - i mean huge, stood in the front doorway and demanded i pay.

i politely told her to go fcuk herself

Plek Trum wrote: »
    Use a different name - get top stylist, highlights and cut done and say thanks very much, that makes us even.. treat yourself! ;)

Ooooooooooooooooh it gets better! I REALLY like this idea! :D:D:D:D

irishbird wrote: »
    they completely destroyed my hair. i only went in for a wash and blow dry. i went nuts in the shop and refused to pay. the girls were too busy talking about how drunk they were in Leeson Street the night before and how they didnt get home until 5am to listen to me.

When i refused to pay this massively fat one - i mean huge, stood in the front doorway and demanded i pay.

i politely told her to go fcuk herself

TBH, I just want the cost of my coat refunded to me, I don't want to have to go back or be spoken to rudely again. I totally know who you are talking about too!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, Orca fat!

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭buckieburd

They dont do hiarcuts only blow drys. Honestly some people! :p

buckieburd wrote: »
    They dont do hiarcuts only blow drys. Honestly some people! :p

A blow dry costs sixty quid?

And they have stylists for this?

Shocking I know!

14th July 2003 - Blow announces www.TheSalon.ie
    Starting later this month Blow will be bradcasting live images from it's salons to help customers know how busy they are before they chance a drop-in for a Blow Dry without an appointment.

Have a look and see if any of the hairdressers are wearing your coat!!!

Ah dont' pick on the boy! they do of course do hair cuts, and 60 euro wouldn't even cover it if you got a top stylist, ridic i know

Ah dont' pick on the boy! they do of course do hair cuts, and 60 euro wouldn't even cover it if you got a top stylist, ridic i know

I thought they only did Blow Drys. DesF please accept my unreserved apology you obviously know more about wimmins hairdressing than me :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭monroe

Just keep calling them up and wrecking their heads.............they make a huge amount of money, you should get your coat back, totally unacceptable...make a scene, they wont want that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Are you sure someone else didn't just take your coat home with them?

Igy wrote: »
    Are you sure someone else didn't just take your coat home with them?

Erm, yes this is what happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They let another customer take home my coat

Well I doubt they KNEW the other person was taking your coat.

In that case i'd expect them to call any customers there whose number they had and ask them, and if they couldn't find it, give you a cheque for the replacement value.

(So yeah, fair enough, they messed up by not being able to track down who took your coat, but it wasn't them that did it! It sounded to me like you were implying they just 'lost' it)

[edit] clarification [/edit]

Well I doubt they KNEW the other person was taking your coat.

In that case i'd expect them to call any customers there whose number they had and ask them, and if they couldn't find it, give you a cheque for the replacement value.

(So yeah, fair enough, they messed up, but it sounded to me like you were implying they just 'lost' it)

Ook, well firstly, how did my saying they gave another customer my coat make you think I was saying they lost it? and what makes you think I'm NOT just talking about a cheque to replace it? i think you should read the post again more carefully

Secondly, they did ring the other customers and eventually after a week and after the Joe Duffy show threatening them, they did offer to send me out a cheque.

You work there?

Ook, well firstly, how did my saying they gave another customer my coat make you think I was saying they lost it?
    I misread the original post, sorry.
    Secondly, they did ring the other customers and eventually after a week and after the Joe Duffy show threatening them, they did offer to send me out a cheque.
    At the end of a day, if they do send you a cheque, it's more than they had to do (though if they said they would and they're delaying i see why you're pissed off)
    You obviously work there! Are you Jessica by any chance?

Check my other posts here, I can assure you i'm not jessica, a hair dresser, or female :)

I think Igy took your coat.........

In the summer? sure why would i need a coat? :P
    Actually, this week's weather is feckin nuts.

I misread the original post, sorry.

At the end of a day, if they do send you a cheque, it's more than they had to do (though if they said they would and they're delaying i see why you're pissed off)

Check my other posts here, I can assure you i'm not jessica, a hair dresser, or female :)

I disagree that its more than they have to do - they said Can I take your coat? I presumed I was getting it back! not that it would be left somewhere anyone could just take it!
    Apart from this, truce :o

• Advertisement

+1

He/she is very defensive.

When you go to the hairdressers, you have no choice but to give them your coat. They have a due of care to the customer to look after said coat. If said coat is eaten, well then the saloon is liable.

Advertisement