Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blow hairdressers ate my coat

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

irishbird wrote: »
    +1

He/she is very defensive.

When you go to the hairdressers, you have no choice but to give them your coat. They have a due of care to the customer to look after said coat. If said coat is eaten, well then the saloon is liable.
    Does that apply to carparks too? cloakrooms in nightclubs?

Look, I'm in agreement with the OP that she should get her cheque, but mostly cos they said they'd give her one and haven't yet. At the end of the day, the salon didn't steal her coat, someone took it home with them, probably by mistake. Should the salon have interrogated everyone on the way out? ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Igy wrote: »
    Should the salon have interrogated everyone on the way out? ;-)

There's no need to be fecetious.

The duty of care of the garment was on the establishment if they took it from the customer for safekeeping.

If they insist you give them the garment, then they surely must take care of it.

So, yes, if they gave it to the wrong person, however mistakenly, then they must be liable for it's replacement.

They probably gave it to some absolute skobe who has since sold it, or kept it and said nothing.

Here we have one person, minus a jacket for some weeks now, who was told they would get compensated, and hasn't been yet.

Hey, OP, you should go done and cause a scene.

I'd say that irishbird one would be a good one to bring to make a scene, she seems fiesty.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Does that apply to carparks too? cloakrooms in nightclubs?

i am a bit confused about the car park reference - i have never been asked to handed in my coat in a car park.

But in night clubs definately

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Send them a letter saying that due to the fact you have not seen the money you are taking them to the small claims court. In the meantime buy the same coat and keep the receipt. Give you 6 euro (or whatever it is) to the guy in the small claims court and wait your time.

i am a bit confused about the car park reference - i have never been asked to handed in my coat in a car park.

Well i've never been asked to leave a coat with a hairdressers, so I guess i'm having trouble understanding hte core issue here....
    I think i'll just concede on this one and slink slowly away...

• Advertisement

kmick wrote: »
    Send them a letter saying that due to the fact you have not seen the money you are taking them to the small claims court. In the meantime buy the same coat and keep the receipt. Give you 6 euro (or whatever it is) to the guy in the small claims court and wait your time.
    This is probably the best idea, alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Inevitably

I've been asked for my coat in a car park, but it ended up with me running for the security hut screaming......:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Inevitably

kmick wrote: »

Cheers, yes this is the way to go, wooooop ass kicking time - come on irish bird! off we go!

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭buckieburd

+1

He/she is very defensive.

When you go to the hairdressers, you have no choice but to give them your coat. They have a due of care to the customer to look after said coat. If said coat is eaten, well then the saloon is liable.

Do you go to the wild west for your haircuts irishburd?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Well i've never been asked to leave a coat with a hairdressers, so I guess i'm having trouble understanding hte core issue here....

You posted above that you're not female Igy. There's the problem. Womens hairdressers are a totally different ball game from most of the mens ones. My missus can spend half a day in her hairdressers getting tea and biscuits and worked on by a few hairdressers. If I spend longer than 15 minutes in a barbers I start to get bored (and that's including queing time) :p

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Inevitably wrote: »
    Cheers, yes this is the way to go, wooooop ass kicking time - come on irish bird! off we go!

right, lets take the feckers down

wild west style :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Plek Trum wrote: »
    Use a different name - get top stylist, highlights and cut done and say thanks very much, that makes us even.. treat yourself! ;)

Erm...good idea except the idiots who work in Blow would probably leave your hair looking awful.

I went in there last year (the salon on Baggot street), for a colour and cut, the "stylist" had absolutely appalling English, as did most of the other stylists. I had to explain to her what "a trim" meant. You would think she would have picked up this word pretty soon after beginning to work in and English speaking country!

Advertisement