Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Barista Championships

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

For anyone interested - the Irish Champion, Stephen Morrissey (aka the Flying Thud) is doing his thing on Saturday.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Cheers for that. I'll be in a better position to watch that.

The US champion should be up in about 15/20 mins. I reckon he'll be one to watch, cause the US finals will be very tough to get through.

ireland up next!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

RE*AC*TOR wrote: »
    ireland up next!!!

Missed it. How did he get on?

• Advertisement

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/501955

You can see it there. Was really good. Had some problem with his signature drink, possibly something melting on him, not quite sure, but recovered well.

He made the final 6! Will be on again tomorrow.

lol..."Steeeev-ooooooo"

All looked nyom. Fair play to him for making the final 6.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/501955

You can see it there. Was really good. Had some problem with his signature drink, possibly something melting on him, not quite sure, but recovered well.

He done ok. How does he compare to the competition? Thanks for the link too.

• Advertisement

He won! Fan-fúcking-tastic. Well done Stephen Morrissey, Irish and World Barista Champion!

The Flying Thud.

He won! Fan-fúcking-tastic. Well done Stephen Morrissey, Irish and World Barista Champion!

The Flying Thud.

Jesus that's great. Fair play indeed.

The Flying Thud.

:eek:

OMG! Fair play to him! That's class!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

very impressive that, well done lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

From RTE "As the winner of the 2008 Competition, Mr Morrissey receives a highly sought after La Marzocco GS/3 espresso machine and a Compak K-10 WBC espresso grinder, together worth more than €5,700, in addition to his prestigious title."

Some kit eh?

http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0623/morrisseys.html

My wife phoned me to tell me he'd made the news alright. Fair play to him. I'm sure this will help raise the profile of decent coffee in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Or raise how bad it really is here! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Well done to him.

Advertisement