Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How's everybody getting on the with drums?

Options
  • 19-06-2008 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Anybody else really struggle to start with? Having zero natural riddim it took me a while but I'm starting to get the hang of it. I have to concentrate a fair bit on most songs, but finding it pretty enjoyable.

Anybody else inspired to try real drums?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

KBarry wrote: »
    Anybody else really struggle to start with? Having zero natural riddim it took me a while but I'm starting to get the hang of it. I have to concentrate a fair bit on most songs, but finding it pretty enjoyable.

Anybody else inspired to try real drums?

I had never played the drums before I got Rock band back in November, but had always wanted to. Have good enough natural rhythm so was able t start out at Medium difficulty no probs, (until Green grass and high tides) have slowly but surely been learning that whole limb independence thing and can now at last get through most songs on expert. I'm ringing up to arrange drum lessons next week, gonna buy myself a kit soon enough. I freakin' love the drums!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

It was funny,I'm about 3/4 through the expert career,the other day I tried my friends drums and found them really easy and fun,I was able to play maps note for note :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Easy was fine. I have played a few songs on medium already, so It shouldn't be a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

took to it like a fish to water... been playing the drums for about 8 years and completed the expert career a few weeks ago :p

in of the pads is a bit cracked tho... been hitting them too hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I've beaten medium haven't tired hard bar a few songs in expert. I've a bit of a problem with overthinking parts and messing them up. Also, when you just have to kick the pedal without hitting a pad I mess up terribly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Been playing with "the band" mostly sticking to medium for the sake of the score, the pedal kicks my ass if i play too long. Did 100% gold star Beetlebum on expert though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Love the drums! they were my main reason for getting Rock Band cos i've already done the guitar thing to death on the GH games. Like some other posters here i also had zero natural rhythm but i'm getting it now!

Rock on! *makes devil sign with fingers*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Foreplay/Long Time, Hard, I cannot get past the 9% mark in this song.

So that's where I'm stuck in career mode. Although I haven't beaten Don't Fear the Reaper yet, but I only had one go at it so far and made it to 60 something percent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Just run to the hills left on expert but I've gotten bored of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ParalysedBeaver

I'm stuck on RTTH on hard. I can nail the intro, just I can't get the next part right for the life of me. The really fast triple red with the last one with a kick pedal, then the double red, then yellow and kickpedal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I'm about half way through medium now. It's too bloody warm for playing drums recently!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭KBarry

I've just about cracked medium and done a few songs on hard. I've found the best thing is to go nuts. I look like a loon when I'm playing. Makes me appreciate why drummers tend to be a bit demented :p

Advertisement