Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just wanted to say Hi

Options
  • 19-06-2008 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi Everyone

Have been reading this forum for a while and just wanted to introduce myself, before I started to post. I am relatively new to these types of forums , so be kind, I will be popping in every now and then with hopefully something that can add to the relevant topics and discussions. ( Usually during work hours :D )

Anyway hi all and I look forward to the banter.

KAYA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

KAYA wrote: »
    Hi Everyone

Have been reading this forum for a while and just wanted to introduce myself, before I started to post. I am relatively new to these types of forums , so be kind, I will be popping in every now and then with hopefully something that can add to the relevant topics and discussions. ( Usually during work hours :D )

Anyway hi all and I look forward to the banter.

KAYA

Wayhay!! A newbie!! Welcome onboard. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Welcome to boards.ie, KAYA. Let us know if we can do anything for you. :) Have a good look around, this place is huge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 KAYA

Ruu wrote: »
    Welcome to boards.ie, KAYA. Let us know if we can do anything for you. :) Have a good look around, this place is huge.

Thanks Ruu ( and starbelgrade ) I will indeed venture into this vast space that is boards. Thank you for the welcome.

Newbie , thats cool , I'm a newbie:), makes me think I'll have to impress with my total recall and vast knowledge base on all things useless.

Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Hi Kaya!

Hope you enjoy the banter here, we do. Welcome and enjoy!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Welcome along, Kaya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Welcome to boards.ie and the Sligo board!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Welcome aboard KAYA

Trust me the boards website is VAST. Have fun browsing. Don't get lost...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Welcome Kaya, I'm sure you'll enjoy boards. There's plenty there anyway! :)

Have fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Hi KAYA

Welcome aboard!
    Good, good, good, another pair of eyes and ears for the local gossip. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Ruu wrote: »
    I never knew you travelled this far North Ruu. Are you trying to steal members of our community ;)

Oh, hello and welcome from me too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

hiya kaya

;)

Thanks for all the welcomes.
    I have been browsing around the vast spaces of Boards and nearly got lost, hopefully you will all keep a comforting watch over me , me being the Newbie , and drag me kicking and screaming from areas that might bite.

As I say most of my posting will be random as most times I can only post during the day , so be patient if I appear to be jumping into a thread or topic. I will however strive diligently to add something to the discussion.

Again thank you for the welcomes.

P.S. you may see some random posting as I need to post more before I can add my wonderful signature:)

There is actually a preview signature option when you're messing around with your signature - no need to post random things :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Welcome.
    Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Xiney wrote: »
    There is actually a preview signature option when you're messing around with your signature - no need to post random things :)
    Maybe Im wrong but is there not something that the admins brought in about new members having a minimum number of posts (25 maybe??) before they can have a sig.

Ah, I wouldn't know.

Still... no need to post random stuff in the Sligo board until you get your signature. You can take it to the Cuckoo's Nest instead.

muffler wrote: »
    Maybe Im wrong but is there not something that the admins brought in about new members having a minimum number of posts (25 maybe??) before they can have a sig.

Thanks Xiney and Muffler.

Just one question , I keep getting an email each time a new post is added to this thread , how do I disable this function .

Thanks for the help

KAYA

User CP > Edit Options > Messaging and Notifications

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

muffler wrote: »

Yep that's correct. 25 posts before you can add/edit your sig! :)

Kaya, I would advise that you read the charter on a forum before posting. That way you'll know the rules of posting in each individual forum. There's always a sticky at the top of the page so you can check it there. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Ah, I wouldn't know.

Still... no need to post random stuff in the Sligo board until you get your signature. You can take it to the Cuckoo's Nest instead.

Cuckoo nest posts don't contribute to postcount afaik, so that may not work. Anyways, hello Kaya, where do you work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Hi Kaya and welcome:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

welcome! always good to see new people joining!!!

Hi All

I'm back , finally got the old tinternet sorted , the powh in the job put a stop to posting on internet forums so haven't been able to post. Being reading all the threads and what struck me is how much time you all spend on here. It's scary but understandable. Anyway now that I am set-up I hope I can become a regular , though not as frequent as some ;) poster.

Muffler , Takola , Xiney I was only joking about the random posting, sticky's I understand are like the cyper bible and I do love a good story.

Anyway hello again and see you on the random posts thread, I hate meatballs..................

Cuckoo nest posts don't contribute to postcount afaik, so that may not work. Anyways, hello Kaya, where do you work?

HI Brian

I'd rather not say where I work as there are others lurking around here who browse this forum frequently and may even post, no idea who they are and prefer it that way as I am a very private person and I know that some on this forum are held up for ridicule over the morning coffees around here. I think it may have to do with Sligo being such a small place when it comes to community that I'd rather preserve my anonimity.

Anyway it takes all kind

Kaya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Ah, I wouldn't know.

TCN doesn't affect post counts unfortunately :(
    KAYA wrote: »
    HI Brian

I'd rather not say where I work as there are others lurking around here who browse this forum frequently and may even post, no idea who they are and prefer it that way as I am a very private person and I know that some on this forum are held up for ridicule over the morning coffees around here. I think it may have to do with Sligo being such a small place when it comes to community that I'd rather preserve my anonimity.

Anyway it takes all kind

Kaya

Velcome to ze vorld of boardz, Kaya. Ve hope zat zis vill be an enjoyable time for you and zat you vill make plenty of friends
    On a more serious note (not) Welcome, and I understand the anonymity thing that you are after. Only one thing. Make sure to wear your Halloween costume when going to the beers nights, so's we don't get who you are.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Welcome on board. Remember not to feed the trolls. None on Sligo forum, happily:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

welcome back private person;)

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

Welcome:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Welcome aboard KAYA.

You must come to the next beers!

• Advertisement

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Welcome aboard KAYA.

You must come to the next beers!

We will see , depends on how you lot treat me in here first before I'd even concider going for a drink with ye.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement