Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salmon Fishing ....

Options
  • 19-06-2008 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

I havent seen many (if any!) threads on Salmon fishing here. Anybody that posts here into it at all. It's by far my favourite species of fish to fish for. Nowhere beats the River Moy down in Co. Mayo!! Anybody have any input on Salmon fishing or any stories to share?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Chopperdog 2

Hi JM,

I understand where you are coming from regarding a lack of salmon threads here. I have been to the Moy for 6 out of the last 7 weekends, and thankfully have 2 fish to report for my efforts (6lb and 7.5 lb).

I have been told that salmon fishing is not a hobby, it is a disease, and I have it full blown !!

Where do you fish on the Moy ? Had you any fish yet this year and what methods do you generally use?

Good to find a kindred salmon angler on this forum.

Is 3greenrizzlas still posting here? He's another Salmon fisher on the Moy.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭JMB88

No I havnt been Salmon fishing once yet this year (had a good few last year though), gonna definitly try get down to the Moy in the first week in July when the main Grilse run takes place (hopefully), there'll be some serious sport then. My usual spots on the Moy are either Paddens, Mt. Falcon or Armstrongs. Normally spin and worm, I'm trying to get into the fly fishing but I havn't really taken to it yet. I believe it's very low down there at the moment but the Cathedral beat and Ridge are fishing well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 maigheo

hi all,
    good to see the salmon anglers on here. 3greens is still here chopperdog but i haven't been salmon fishing yet as the sea trout have been keeping me busy in the eustary. with water levels high for the last few days fresh fish should be appearing in all parts of the river ill try and give it a few hours this this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Another salmon angler here. Had 3 this week in Galway. Prefer sea trout though, there's something magical about hooking a good sea trout on the fly in a pitch dark river...

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭jasonh

whereabouts did u get the salmon and what did you use?
    Was it on the clare river or at the salmon weir?

ta

j

Zzippy wrote: »
    Another salmon angler here. Had 3 this week in Galway. Prefer sea trout though, there's something magical about hooking a good sea trout on the fly in a pitch dark river...

• Advertisement
Advertisement