Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Rose Tattoo

• 19-06-2008 4:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

Looking to get a few of their albums.
    Any recomendations ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

Picked up their new one, Blood Brothers last year, it's deadly, pure rock all the way. They're basically the 'other' AC/DC :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Tayto2000 wrote: »
    They're basically the 'other' AC/DC :)

Euuugh. I hate when people refer to them as that.

If they've got to be compared to AC/DC, then they're AC/DC if Chopper Reid was writing lyrics for them.

Seriously savage band. Totally filthy rock'n'roll.

Their self titled album "Rock n Roll Outlaw / Rose Tattoo" is a must have if you can get it. Some legendary tracks on it - Nice Boys, One Of The Boys, The Butcher and Fast Eddy.

Wouldn't fault them at all. I was told a story about a gig they played in London a few years ago. A fight broke out up the front, and their vocalist jumped in and kicked seven shades out of a load of lads. Think he's about 60 something now.

Get what you can by these guys anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Dathai wrote: »
    A fight broke out up the front, and their vocalist jumped in and kicked seven shades out of a load of lads. Think he's about 60 something now.

He also wrote & sang this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdwOVeFbBBU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Yeah, I know. I was staying in the same hotel as him about a year ago in Germany. He was having breakfast beside me. All I could think about was that song, and the fact that he looked like someone that goes to strip clubs as a hobby. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Dathai wrote: »
    Yeah, I know. I was staying in the same hotel as him about a year ago in Germany. He was having breakfast beside me. All I could think about was that song, and the fact that he looked like someone that goes to strip clubs as a hobby. :P

In fairness, I don't think I'd be going up to him saying 'that song from Neighbours was sh!te' ;)

Apparently he was actually proud of it. They played the first Slane gig, supporting Thin Lizzy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Assault & Battery.

Raw, mean, and great!

Advertisement