Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics card

Options
  • 19-06-2008 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

I have a BFG 8800GTS 320MB I bought in August 2007, I sent it back about four months ago for repair as there were artifacts on one of the dvi outputs. Two weeks ago I had the problem again except artifacts were on both DVI outputs, I sent it back again and I received it back in working order.
    Is this a once off or does this happen a lot with graphics cards?
    My main question is, What options do I have if this happens again?
    I have a 'lifetime warranty' on this card but do I have to send it back regularly for repair for a lifetime? I've spent over €25 on P&P now and I could buy a brand new 8800GTS 320MB for less than €100 so its not going to be worth sending it back any more times.
    I must admit that BFG have repaired it very quickly and had it back in 5 or 6 working days on both occasions. Is it all I can do to hope this time its properly repaired and this won't be a ongoing issue?

Advertisement