Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback Please!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

I've also tried to Validate XHTML & CSS but there are a few minor errors. I think all in all the code is tight enough considering I've never really built a site before.

-I'm not really understanding the errors though!

Although I have alot of experience with ActionScript, Flash, Director, Lingo, Python and a few others - I guess thats why the coding came so fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

i think the logo banner should not be so big on all the pages. It is ok on the index page of the site but it is too much on the other content pages. i also think the home page and the about us page should not use identical designs.
    Your errors in xhtml appear to just be mismatched tags. Just make sure all your open tags have matching closing tags. It's fairly self-explanatory tbh.
    I'd change the text in the rollovers so it's not all uppercase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Suggest moving navigation below logo.

Three photos on rhs, change top two to more something more recognisable eg. Giants's Causeway, Cliffs of Moher, a roundtower.

Your trying to get valid code - great. Get yourself something like HTML Tidy or HTML Validator add-on for firefox https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/browse/type:1/cat:4?sort=name&show=20&page=7
    Shows errors and suggest solutions when you view source.

You're also falling into the 'We are', 'We do', 'We cater' trap. It's not what you want to say, but what they want to hear (and take the bait). Eg. change 'We can provide tailor made tours to suit your needs on your photographic adventure throughout the unspoilt land that is Ireland.' to something like 'Enjoy the photographic adventure of a lifetime through the unsploit ...' 'Enjoy is a call to action like, 'Get in touch today!', 'Come with us and we'll show you'

The content is a bit 'the same'/mucho grey so get things like testimonials or news items in another colour to liven up the page a bit.

Try to put some styles into the contact form elements.

Make a photo gallery, slideshow type thing for the . Getting just the jpegs is not impactful. Also Gallery not Portfolio imho

Indent your lists: ul {padding-left: 20px;} in the css

Do a spell check

How about some sample itineraries. What will I get? How much? and other questions your prospect wants addressed.

oh and what pwd said.

hth
    \r

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Typo on the services page: "Here at Ireland in Digital we forus on" - forus should be focus.
    "Infact there are too many to list! " - should "Infact" be "In fact" (add space)

Nice Portfolio page. I like the hover captions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

I really love the portfolio page the way the captions come up.

I think the overall layout if a bit tough and go. Theres no definitive content area the way the white space is all over the page (I would usually add borders to content areas). Also I think the camera is far to big. Its kinda forced on you.

I think the navs should be centred.

Finally would you consider having a html page for every image. Because the user is looking at your work so big its high time to nail them for business!

PS Lovely photos!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Oh one more thing - have the whole camera and header thing as a link to the homepage. Especially cause you have the URL in their, the first instinct is to click on it to get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

It's a basic site, it does the job. It's not really 'designed' in any way though. Looks like it was designed by a programmer, purely functional, and little else.

That's not a bad thing, depending on your goals, and it's a first website too. I'd work on sorting out the validation errors. You're 99% there, might as well fix the little issues. If you're interesting in doing design, then you need to do more work on your design skills. Layout, typography, contrast etc...

All the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

turgon wrote: »
    I really love the portfolio page the way the captions come up.

Second that, nice feature.

Advertisement