Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fm Transmitter for iPod

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I used the Dealextreme one from Galway to Waterford at the weekend. Changed frequency once on the way down. And not at all on the way up.

Excellent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 kerryman87

I used the Dealextreme one from Galway to Waterford at the weekend. Changed frequency once on the way down. And not at all on the way up.

Excellent!

Ya I got the one on dealextreme as well http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.625

Absolutely fantastic. I don't know how these guys can possibly make a profit selling FM transmitters like this so cheap and giving free worldwide shipping on top. I must admit I was sceptical when I saw the price first but they are for real. Definitely recommended!! Costs around €6 for a superior transmitter than the itrip for less than 1/10th of the price. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭chewed

Zorba wrote: »
    Super thats me sold then will have a look in Halfords and see if i can get my hands on one, reckon with the instructions from the other site u gave me i should be able to fit it myself no bother, thanks very much, your a star :):):)

Hi Zorba, did you have any luck in setting up your ipod? I also have a Mazda 6 and would love to set up a direct input. I have a Monster FM transmitter, which is not great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I have the Belkin Itrip from PC World was about 25 euro works a treat.

bennyc wrote: »
    I have the Belkin Itrip from PC World was about 25 euro works a treat.

I've only used the Monster iCarPlay and generally it's ok, but the problem is on music that is soft or low in volume (e.g. Classical), the quality deteriorates and gets a lot of interference. It's ok with loud music.

• Advertisement

Zorba wrote: »
    Super thats me sold then will have a look in Halfords and see if i can get my hands on one, reckon with the instructions from the other site u gave me i should be able to fit it myself no bother, thanks very much, your a star :):):)

I was just up in Halfords today. I have a Mazda 6 04. To install this Dension device it will cost €120 and it's €125 for the actual device.

€245 is a bit too much!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

This is the exact iTrip I have and it works a treat. Its powered from the cig lighter which means it doesn't drain your iPod battery and it connects to the headphones output which means you can use it for other players or even your phone.

Regardless of what you use, two tips which will stop the hissing:

1. Reduce the max volume output from your iPod by about 20% or so, as it usually only occurs at the higher volume.

2. Select the bass reducer option on the iPod's equaliser settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

chewed wrote: »
    I was just up in Halfords today. I have a Mazda 6 04. To install this Dension device it will cost €120 and it's €125 for the actual device.

€245 is a bit too much!
    That's nuts! they were doing free fitting on them recently. They're a doddle to fit anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭rliston

Still free fitting in Halfords Limerick, or at least the signs were still up at 11 this morning and price was €109.99 for the Dension they had.

Advertisement