Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderator- Noise survey

Options
  • 19-06-2008 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭

All

I finally got around to carrying out the noise survey I mentioned before, and as requested find attached the details. I have taken a standard procedure used at work and added in additional info of interest to this test.

I hope this is of some interest to posters here. Please take the information at face value, there is no hidden agenda here.

Finally I would like to add the following disclaimer:

I carried out this survey for my own information. I was asked to post this information by a number of posters and have no issue with doing so. I have no personal/professional interest in any particular model of rifle/moderator. I am not representing anyone trying to sell any product. I have included model information etc as it is directly relevant to the test. I am not a professional in this field ie noise surveys, though I have undertaken several noise surveys for information purposes in a professional capacity. If any one here has a higher level of competency and can add anything in the way of interpretation the results feel free to comments accordingly.

Now that is all done, hope it is of interest.

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Thanks Kerryman.
    Just one very slight nit pick.When you are saying you were firing from your "Jeep" do you mean an actual JEEP[as in Cherokee,CJ7 Wrangler,etc] or are you using it in a generic term??Better to just say was using a Toyota Land cruiser,or what ever you are driving.Looks totally professional then and no doubtscan be cast onyour scientific workmanship then.;):D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭thelurcher

Interesting reading al round - thanks!

I wonder what mods were they using in the hse.gov.uk survey?

Advertisement