Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You Don't Think Enough: 1k Post

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

You're up to 1/2 already!!:eek:
    Well done chap...

The reward for having no life ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

pirelli wrote: »
    If the other player has no stratedgy then he masters that player by playing for him so to speak. By attributing a stratedgy to the other player he can control the game.

Sorta proves my point no? I've never heard of this guy and he pretty much sums up what I was saying. Even if it is bad advice you should understand it to help yourself understand other mentalities as pirelli says.

This side debate isn't exactly what I posted on though. The advice basically says just to step back and think for yourself while reading the forums/posting/whatever. What this has got sidetracked as is not really the point of the post I made.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭mormank

Mr.Plough wrote: »
    just skimmed through this, looks like a good post

does nobody else see the irony of this reply to this post!! if this was a joke mr plough, i like!! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

i did the same.seemed good but someone could say the opposite and everyone would say great post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Verbal_Kint

ERRRRRRRRRRRR OR NOT, TOMMY AND VAN DICE ARE PTOBLY THE COOLESET PEOPLE ON HERE WITH REGGIE AND PHANTOM. TRYING TO IMPLY INCEST IS NOT GOOD, VAN DICE IS ALSO MY BOYFRIEND BTW, MAKES ME BREAKFAst in the morning and everything what a guy

You should stop taking her word for it and ask her to show you some photo id

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

You should stop taking her word for it and ask her to show you some photo id

Please dont dig up old threads to post nonsense.

tyvm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

A crap,

didn't read over the op properly:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Never checked the date......

• Registered Users Posts: 36,319 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭mormank

agreed about digging up old threads to post rubbish. however as old threads go this is a very good one for newer players and more experienced players to read if they missed it the first time imo...

• Advertisement

mormank wrote: »
    agreed about digging up old threads to post rubbish. however as old threads go this is a very good one for newer players and more experienced players to read if they missed it the first time imo...

Agreed, in fact that was part of the reason why I didnt just remove the bump post and send this thread back to the murky depths of the forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭SpencerJames

Hmmmmmmmm

Dont really agree with this post. Some people just aren't capable of beating the 1/2 limits. They lack innate skills and some lack the learning capacity to develop important skills.

You are basically saying "be more intelligent and you'll be better". Its just beyond some peoples capabilities. Not saying people on here are stupid but poker is requires a specific skill set.

I also think that people on here don't improve for many reasons;
    1. The general standard is low and people are far too often given unclear or poor advice.
    2. Its too small, people get comfortable ebing in the "elite" of boards hierarchy and are content with that rather than improving their game. All too many people are happy a table and to sit at a table in Ireland and get the "oh your so and so off boards"! its enough for them!

I always enjoy your posts even if you did tell a few people in college I was a terrible player when you were trying to get your hole!!

WP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

I always enjoy your posts even if you did tell a few people in college I was a terrible player when you were trying to get your hole!!

WP

lol

Hmmmmmmmm

Dont really agree with this post. Some people just aren't capable of beating the 1/2 limits. They lack innate skills and some lack the learning capacity to develop important skills.

You are basically saying "be more intelligent and you'll be better". Its just beyond some peoples capabilities. Not saying people on here are stupid but poker is requires a specific skill set.

I also think that people on here don't improve for many reasons;
    1. The general standard is low and people are far too often given unclear or poor advice.
    2. Its too small, people get comfortable ebing in the "elite" of boards hierarchy and are content with that rather than improving their game. All too many people are happy a table and to sit at a table in Ireland and get the "oh your so and so off boards"! its enough for them!

WP

Wowowowow. There's so much stuff here that I dunno whats going on.

Firstly, "I always enjoy your posts even if you did tell a few people in college I was a terrible player when you were trying to get your hole!!"

You were awful. I was awful. I'm still awful. Saying you weren't pretty awful would be being silly. From what I had played with you at that stage you were awful. I'd say most people would say the same about me at that stage and they'd be right. I'd laugh pretty hard at anyone that said I wasn't awful then (and probably now too) because I was utterly horrendous, with no clue in the slightest what I was doing. I'm sure you wouldn't get too upset if someone called you awful at poker now either, because I know I suck. Also, the last bit is a bit ridiculous. I had a girlfriend for a long time (and still have the same one happily) before I had played with you, and I'm not sure me saying that you were bad at poker to her would help me "get my hole." You might wanna rethink that bit imo.

Secondly, anyone that posts here can beat 1/2. I don't beat it by much myself, and I know thats disgraceful. Anyone that puts any work into poker can do it, and it certainly isn't hard. May take some people longer than others, but I'm sure you could train anyone on here to beat it. I wouldn't insult people here by saying that they couldn't. I see where you're coming from, however, with the opinion that it is quite tough. I just feel that 1/2 isn't rocket science, and beating it certainly doesn't put you in any elite. Just means you've put the work in really and are starting to understand poker.

"1. The general standard is low and people are far too often given unclear or poor advice."

True. However, there are so many good players on here that will give you top quality advice that saying this is highly insulting to them. Read some of the online threads and see how high the quality is of advice. Wouldn't even start to list the people who post really well, because it would go on so long and I know I'd miss people. But some people do continuously post awful advice, but I guess thats how they learn. Some people will post more bad advice than others, but posting makes you learn faster. If you ban people that give bad advice everyone would be banned every month. You can't really give out to beginners for posting bad advice. Its kinda what a forum is for, and even more experienced players will often post crap.

"2. Its too small, people get comfortable being in the "elite" of boards hierarchy and are content with that rather than improving their game. All too many people are happy a table and to sit at a table in Ireland and get the "oh your so and so off boards"!"

This site was never gonna be 2p2. However I really can't think of anyone that fits into that category of one of the better posters and stagnation? Any of the really good posters that we have had here have either moved on to bigger and better things, or have left poker/don't play as much. I would expect the same from about 95% of the really good posters at the moment. 95% is pretty conservative as well imo.

But I really think you should reconsider the last little bit you posted. Its pretty awful, and insults a lot of people, not least yourself. The rest is opinion and makes good points, and I can see the thought behind them. Pretty valid points too (albeit I don't agree with them, but just opinion.)

TommyGunne wrote: »
    Wowowowow. There's so much stuff here that I dunno whats going on.

Firstly, "I always enjoy your posts even if you did tell a few people in college I was a terrible player when you were trying to get your hole!!"

You were awful. I was awful. I'm still awful. Saying you weren't pretty awful would be being silly. From what I had played with you at that stage you were awful. I'd say most people would say the same about me at that stage and they'd be right. I'd laugh pretty hard at anyone that said I wasn't awful then (and probably now too) because I was utterly horrendous, with no clue in the slightest what I was doing. I'm sure you wouldn't get too upset if someone called you awful at poker now either, because I know I suck. Also, the last bit is a bit ridiculous. I had a girlfriend for a long time (and still have the same one happily) before I had played with you, and I'm not sure me saying that you were bad at poker to her would help me "get my hole." You might wanna rethink that bit imo.

Secondly, anyone that posts here can beat 1/2. I don't beat it by much myself, and I know thats disgraceful. Anyone that puts any work into poker can do it, and it certainly isn't hard. May take some people longer than others, but I'm sure you could train anyone on here to beat it. I wouldn't insult people here by saying that they couldn't. I see where you're coming from, however, with the opinion that it is quite tough. I just feel that 1/2 isn't rocket science, and beating it certainly doesn't put you in any elite. Just means you've put the work in really and are starting to understand poker.

"1. The general standard is low and people are far too often given unclear or poor advice."

True. However, there are so many good players on here that will give you top quality advice that saying this is highly insulting to them. Read some of the online threads and see how high the quality is of advice. Wouldn't even start to list the people who post really well, because it would go on so long and I know I'd miss people. But some people do continuously post awful advice, but I guess thats how they learn. Some people will post more bad advice than others, but posting makes you learn faster. If you ban people that give bad advice everyone would be banned every month. You can't really give out to beginners for posting bad advice. Its kinda what a forum is for, and even more experienced players will often post crap.

"2. Its too small, people get comfortable being in the "elite" of boards hierarchy and are content with that rather than improving their game. All too many people are happy a table and to sit at a table in Ireland and get the "oh your so and so off boards"!"

This site was never gonna be 2p2. However I really can't think of anyone that fits into that category of one of the better posters and stagnation? Any of the really good posters that we have had here have either moved on to bigger and better things, or have left poker/don't play as much. I would expect the same from about 95% of the really good posters at the moment. 95% is pretty conservative as well imo.

But I really think you should reconsider the last little bit you posted. Its pretty awful, and insults a lot of people, not least yourself. The rest is opinion and makes good points, and I can see the thought behind them. Pretty valid points too (albeit I don't agree with them, but just opinion.)

Ah man, come on I was only having a laugh didnt want your relationship history!!

I actually dont think I was too awful or too awful now:)

Also in my comments is crucial to know I am only comparing boards to other similar sites.

Ah man, come on I was only having a laugh didnt want your relationship history!!

Its still a pretty awful thing to say, and as I said already you've insulted a fair few people with that, and without grounds too. I didn't see me giving my "relationship history" either. I posted one sentence to do with that, and that was just giving a reason why I'm pretty pissed at your comment. If you want me to explain further, just say.
    I actually dont think I was too awful or too awful now:)

You're wrong. You might be right relatively, but you are wrong absolutely.
    Also in my comments is crucial to know I am only comparing boards to other similar sites.

Yeah as I said, it is pretty fair, but we're never gonna be 2p2, and its a significantly differently oriented site. I still stand by my arguments though.

You really need to relax and get some banter into you!

You really need to relax and get some banter into you!

I don't consider insults and slurs banter. I wouldn't even consider that comment banter from close friends. It smacks of rawness over a 3 year old comment to me tbh, and if that is the case then perhaps its not me that needs to take banter better.

However much fun it might be though, I really don't wanna get into some sort of slagging match here. Despite that, I'm not gonna move on after a slur of that order. Perhaps if it just insulted me, but it doesn't.

TommyGunne wrote: »
    I don't consider insults and slurs banter. I wouldn't even consider that comment banter from close friends. It smacks of rawness over a 3 year old comment to me tbh, and if that is the case then perhaps its not me that needs to take banter better.

However much fun it might be though, I really don't wanna get into some sort of slagging match here. Despite that, I'm not gonna move on after a slur of that order. Perhaps if it just insulted me, but it doesn't.

Are you serious this is comic genius!! You are in your early 20's and on a poker forum not in your 40's at the World Summit! I was only joking about that comment that you have blown a gaskek too! I actually thought it was funny as did yor buddy steve! I had no actual event in mind

You are everything that is wrong with this poker forum, you are an over analysing, under achieving, bitter person. You are full of ****. In your post you say that "poker isn’t rocket science" but then go on to say how "you are awful and haven’t a clue what you are doing" but then back to say how everyone should be able to beat 1/2. You have no cohesion to your post. You are a keyboard warrior who doesn’t really seem to have a grasp on what poker or you as a player really are?

You seem to live your life through this forum virtually giving other posters Dutch rudders and congratulating each other on fine work! Without having actually ever achieved anything.

You make no sense and need to realise that this "forum" isn’t the real world or be all and end all of life! Chill out and get your head sorted. As I said don’t take things to heart too much!

Are you serious this is comic genius!! You are in your early 20's and on a poker forum not in your 40's at the World Summit! I was only joking about that comment that you have blown a gaskek too! I actually thought it was funny as did yor buddy steve! I had no actual event in mind

I don't particularly care if you were joking. It got my girlfriend pretty upset. I care about that.

You are everything that is wrong with this poker forum, you are an over analysing, under achieving, bitter person. You are full of ****.

That's nice. I've already said I suck at poker, and there are loadsa people who can confirm that. I don't pretend to be good. Poker means very little to me bar a bit of fun and interest. In terms of poker, I am definitely underachieving. I don't doubt that. The "bitter", "FOS" and "everything that is wrong with the poker forum" is a little harsh imo though.

In your post you say that "poker isn’t rocket science" but then go on to say how "you are awful and haven’t a clue what you are doing" but then back to say how everyone should be able to beat 1/2. You have no cohesion to your post. You are a keyboard warrior who doesn’t really seem to have a grasp on what poker or you as a player really are?

I said you were probably relatively good, but in terms of absolutes, you weren't. In terms of absolutes, you're probably awful. I am too, most people are. I know very few people who aren't pretty bad in poker in absolute terms. I probably don't know any tbh. Just realism really. I'm never gonna know someone who's really awesome at poker. Unless its you obv.

I'm awful, have no clue what I'm doing most of the time, and I beat 1/2. Fact. So being awful in absolute terms, and beating 1/2 (or higher) is not a contradiction, and is pretty cohesive in terms of my OP imo (even though it is a long time ago that I posted it.)

I have a very good grasp of where I am as a poker player, I'm a mediocre recreational player. In absolute terms I'm pretty terrible.

I don't ever remember being a keyboard warrior before. This is the only time I ever recall doing stuff like this.
    You seem to live your life through this forum virtually giving other posters Dutch rudders and congratulating each other on fine work! Without having actually ever achieved anything.
    You make no sense and need to realise that this "forum" isn’t the real world or be all and end all of life! Chill out and get your head sorted. As I said don’t take things to heart too much!

Wow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

TommyGunne trying to get his hole back in the day
    SuperStock_1555R-309749.jpg

Ill teach this fellow a lesson and remind him of the time he was trying to get his hole
    tve7172-00000001-118.gif

I don’t like that one little bit. I must show this thread to the girlfriend to see if she has the same feelings about it as me.
    250px-Tommy_Gunn_main.jpg

Its confirmed she doesn’t like it either
    Upset_teen.jpg

Its one thing upsetting me but you upset my girlfriend man
    254.jpg

Oh come on old boy
    tve7172-00000001-118.gif

No i wont come on im furious at this particular juncture
    morrisonTHEN.jpg

Meanwhile back at the camp the girlfriend is still upset but coming round
    Upset_teen.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

spoon full of cement and harden the fk up imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Good thread for showing how crazy the internet makes people!

Two relatively normal,sound punters going ape. Much respect.

Rory, TommyG is a solid winning player afaik who is could almost certainly make some decent loots from the game(its in the genes and all that) if he so wished. I dont its fair to label him underachieving just because thats not how he chooses to use his energies. His advice in the theory thread is always top notch and he is of course spot on about "being terrible". In the grand scheme of things even some decent winners arent actually very good. I dont know how you got him so worked up as hes a mellow sort afaik!

Weirdos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

Rory u must have been bored earlier cause thats bull****, jif you just said sorry didnt mean to offend you it was fine, tommyg one of the sounder creeps around

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

Dutch Rudders LOL
    On this forum you really do learn something new every day.

There's no need for some of the abusive personal comments that have been made on this thread. Much and all as a load of people would love a popcorn drama, its probably best this is locked now

• Registered Users Posts: 36,319 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement