Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite and most hated anime charachter.

Options
  • 19-06-2008 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭

My favourite is my name sake from N.G.E. My least favourite would be Kaji, also from N.G.E. Whats everyone elses?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Least favourite is whatever the lead from Heat Guy J is called... He gets on my tits for some reason.

Way too many favourites to choose from really. Mugen from Samurai Champloo and Spike from Cowboy Bebop are the two that spring to mind first though.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

oh god no, shinji does my head in. i love NGE, but f*ck me, the most annoying protagonist ever.

i second spike as a favourite, alongside renji from bleach, wolfwood from the MANGA of trigun (anime counterpart isn't as good) and sven from black cat

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Best: Kenpachi Zararchi, Kisuke Urahara, Mugen, Alucard, L, Vegeta(heh).
    Worst: So many anooying characters in every anime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Shinji Ikari

oh god no, shinji does my head in. i love NGE, but f*ck me, the most annoying protagonist ever.

i second spike as a favourite, alongside renji from bleach, wolfwood from the MANGA of trigun (anime counterpart isn't as good) and sven from black cat

I could never understand why people hate Shinji so much. So many movie protagonists are one dimensional extroverts and they all share the same traits. Shinji is a far more interesting character. He`s a deep thinker and due to his fathers abandonment and mothers death he developes social phobia and avoidant personality disorder but despite all his bad luck he still pilots eva. Imagine if a young version of Kaji was the third child. God it would be so boring and predictable.

Despite being the polar opposiate to Shinji Asuka is pretty interesting also. She has Narcissistic personality disorder(almost every main charachter in evangelion has a personality disorder due to Hidekki Anno`s battle with depression during the creation of the series) which like Shinji stems from low self-esteem, they just subconsciously use different defence mecanism to deal with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭owlwink

Spike from Cowboy Bebop would have to be my favourite.

Brock from Pokemon would be my least favourite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

I could never understand why people hate Shinji so much. So many movie protagonists are one dimensional extroverts and they all share the same traits. Shinji is a far more interesting character. He`s a deep thinker and due to his fathers abandonment and mothers death he developes social phobia and avoidant personality disorder but despite all his bad luck he still pilots eva. Imagine if a young version of Kaji was the third child. God it would be so boring and predictable.

Despite being the polar opposiate to Shinji Asuka is pretty interesting also. She has Narcissistic personality disorder(almost every main charachter in evangelion has a personality disorder due to Hidekki Anno`s battle with depression during the creation of the series) which like Shinji stems from low self-esteem, they just subconsciously use different defence mecanism to deal with it.

i'm not denying that he's an interesting character in terms of different character traits than the norm, i'm just answering your original question and stating that i find him the character i hate the most.

i love NGE and his personality certainly adds to the series but sometimes he riles me up and p*sses me off so much; but surely that's a good reaction? the fact that a character created for an anime annoys me so much that i want to punch the screen sometimes shows good characterization on anno's part!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Well my least favourite is easy, the annoying brat in Devil May Cry. My favourite is a tough choice, hmmm. I think I'd have to go for Revy from Black Lagoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭andgoodbye

Favourite:
    Probably Kuma from afro samurai, based on pure coolness appeal
    Worst:
    Ichimaru Gin from bleach. he gets on my nerves and they dubbed him wrong too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Favourite : Lee and Gai from Naruto, Souske from FMP!, Spike from Cowboy Bebop, Asuka from NGE

Least favourite : SHINJI! The entire cast of One Piece, Near and Melo from Death Note.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Favorite: Guts
    Least Favorite: ???

• Advertisement

DingChavez wrote: »
    Favorite: Guts
    Least Favorite: ???

Someone please back me up on Brock being the most hated...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Varkov wrote: »

Least favourite :The entire cast of One Piece

Your opinion is no longer valid.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Off the top of my head:

Favourite Male: Brooke from One piece, he really made the thriller bark arc for me and his VA is incredible or Shigure from fruits basket.

Favourite female: Nico Robin from one piece again, her back story is really well done and her overall character is quite refreshing. Excel from excel saga too.

Off the top of my head:

Favourite Male: Brooke from One piece, he really made the thriller bark arc for me and his VA is incredible or Shigure from fruits basket.

Favourite female: Nico Robin from one piece again, her back story is really well done and her overall character is quite refreshing. Excel from excel saga too.

Who are your least favourite characters?????

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

owlwink wrote: »
    Who are your least favourite characters?????

Dont really have any. Why not Brock? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Dont really have any. Why not Brock? :p
    Because he's never gotten anywhere with any girl (IIRC).
    Complete definition of "spineless anime hero".

Favourite: Simon of TTGL.
    Boy is the definition of manly. All hail Simon-san!

Got a thing for Motoko Aoyama of Love Hina too, but that's off-topic...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

In all fairness that was due to the women in his group a lot of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Favorite: Harima Kenji, from 'School Rumble'. Also, Pierrot the clown from 'Yakitate! Japan'.

Hated: the entire cast of Yu-Gi-Oh. :p

Nice description of Brock, maybe a little tame. Nice to see we are on similar wave lengths :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

that raki from claymore, such a wreck the head. "KURAYAAA" everyone 5 seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gosoul2soul

NARUTO

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Spunge wrote:
    that raki from claymore, such a wreck the head. "KURAYAAA" everyone 5 seconds.
    Read the manga.
    Timeskip
    Raki turns into a badass Claymore-strength warrior. And he's walking around with... a mysterious girl...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Read the manga.
    Timeskip
    Raki turns into a badass Claymore-strength warrior. And he's walking around with... a mysterious girl...

I should really check out the manga...
    Anyone know if there's any truth to the rumours of a second season of the anime?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

favourite: Shikamaru from Naruto

most hated: Jingoro from Basilisk, not sure why really

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Yazacoo

Least Favourite- Have to say I hated Mello and Near in death note as well...sakura in the first few series of Naruto too. She wrecked my head.

Eiri Yuki from gravitation is one of my favourite charachters, also Ryoko from Tenchi and Rukia from Bleach. FMA brothers too. Oh and L from Death note!! so many...

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

Since there seems to be a bit of a Shonen theme:
    Favourite Characters: Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece, Kamina from TTGL, Canti from FLCL, Captain Shunsui Kyōraku from Bleach, Shikamaru from Naruto.

Hmm, it'll be tough to get five most hated.
    Hated Characters: Shinji Ikari from NGE, Uchiha Sasuke from Naruto, Lieutenant Momo Hinamori from Bleach, Neeba from Druaga no To: Aegis of Uruk, Relena Peacecraft from Gundam Wing.
    tman wrote: »
    I should really check out the manga...
    Anyone know if there's any truth to the rumours of a second season of the anime?

I don't know anything about it, but having seen the anime, and read the manga, I can say that because of the way The War in the North ended, the anime distanced itself so far from the original manga they might as well change the name.

Major Spoilers about the War in the North aftermath.
    In the manga there was no face off on a Volcano, the claymores faked their own death after killing Rigardo, the army of Awakened ones marched south-east and south-west, they got slaughtered in the west by Riful, the abyssal one, who was met earlier, and in the east by a tag team of the Claymores ranked #1 and #2. Also it turns out, that Iesley was Pricilla's bitch, not the other way around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Hated Characters: Shinji Ikari from NGE, Uchiha Sasuke from Naruto, Lieutenant Momo Hinamori from Bleach, Neeba from Druaga no To: Aegis of Uruk, Relena Peacecraft from Gundam Wing.

Hmm I can understand Shinji everybody hates him, kinda why he's the way he is though isnt it? But why Hinamori? She just seems to be there most of the time without doing anything (except crying over Aizen) I never really thought about whether shes a good character or not, shes just kinda meh.

Anywho Ill give my opinion as well
    Favourites: Canti - FLCL, Taiki - Twelve Kingdoms, Hei - Darker than Black, Haruka - RahXephon
    Non-favourites - Pride - FMA(manga), Ishida - Bleach, Can't think of anymore really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭dacookie

Favourite: Hei from Darker Than Black

Least Favorites: Naruto(BELIEVE IT!) winri from Full Metal Alchemist, probably a good few more just can't remember atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

fitz0 wrote: »
    But why Hinamori? She just seems to be there most of the time without doing anything (except crying over Aizen)

That's exactly it. That's all she does. Ever. Cries over Aizen. Even after he damn near gutted her like a fish she still just cries over Aizen.
    She was just an immature pawn who couldn't face up to what's going on about her. Got far more airtime than she deserved.

In terms of Bleach characters for me she ranks just above the host of bland guys who showed up in the Bount arc, and the happy-go-lucky wacky folks from the Amagai Shuuske arc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Chronostearsxx

hmmmm most favorites kinda hard probably spike from Cowboy Bebop or else.... Mugen from samurai champloo

least favorite would have to be Rukia from bleach shes a bitch who has a brother complex there ive said it hahaha
    hmm poor brock he was always so desperate and starved of female attention hahaha

Advertisement