Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mini Cooper servicing concern

Options
  • 19-06-2008 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Am about to take delivery, in a couple of weeks, of a new Cooper from a dealer who may be loosing the franchise this Autumn (unconfirmed by me as yet).
    I intend to purchase the TLC service plan and would like the future servicing to be done by an authorised dealer.
    Should I be concerned or can I have the car serviced at a garage of my choosing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

You can have the car serviced at any MINI dealer, it doesn't have to be Maxwell Motors.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭klaus23

Anan1 wrote: »
    You can have the car serviced at any MINI dealer, it doesn't have to be Maxwell Motors.

Seconded, this also applies to your warranty.

My girlfriend bought a Cooper from David Prentice MINI in Omagh and they said the same, servicing and warranty valid throughout the dealer network.

Should you change your mind about buying from the dealer you're using, I can recommend Prentice's, they're friendly and helpful. Cheryl is the woman who looks after the MINI brand in the dealership.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,360 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Yes it would have to apply at all dealers as afterall, service inclusive plans such as TLC go with the car from owner to owner so it would be a little silly if a new owner couldnt use the nearest dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I know Kevin O'Leary's in Cork are staying as an authorised BMW service agent, not sure about the others who are loosing the franchise though.

Might be that you can still have the car serviced where it was bought.

Advertisement