Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hmm...bill problem...tricky one..

Options
  • 19-06-2008 6:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

Hey guys...

I've been in my new place for about a month and a half now...no big problems...but one I may see becoming one..

before I came..one of the guys I had reactivated a BT line to get in broadband...

I need the internet all the time for doing my design work etc...

I found a great deal and said to the guys to get this option as its cheaper.
    ..a bill came in the other day which was high for a line reactivation...and a part of which I can't pay for as financially im in a bad way at the moment..

Heres the thing....I looked on the bill and calls commenced (i.e got it reactiveated on the 14th of april....my birthday was the next day and I know I hadnt moved in before my birthday...so I wasnt here when they ordered it)

my question...am I still required to pay my side in it? as I wasnt here when it was ordered?..I'd say I'll be expected to....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Could be it's late, but your post makes little sense, esp the bit
    I've been in my new place for about a month and a half now...no big problems...but one I may see becoming one..

before I came..one of the guys I had reactivated a BT line to get in broadband...
    Are you a tenant or the landlord?

=-=

Also, if it was reactivated before you moved in, not really. It'd be like going splits on a TV that was bought before you moved in: nothing to do with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Only pay for the portion of time that you were there. No one can argue with that. If you were not there when the line was reactivated, then you should not have to bear any of the cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Teddi

syco..the "I" part was a typo but dont base your reply on that as you can still make out what the issue is here....Im currently paying everything I use etc...but the line bill was rediculously high....something im not willing to tend to.

I'd agree dudara.....just looking for verbal ammo if the situation was to arise...as they all stick up for each other and I'm new there....

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Teddi wrote: »
    syco..the "I" part was a typo
    Thanks for clearing that bit up. As i said with the TV, it was there before you moved in, so why should you pay for it?

Advertisement